Author Topic: Yellow alert for snowfall tonight  (Read 5747 times)

Drax

Yellow alert for snowfall tonight
« on: 27 Mar, 2020, 06:58:10 pm »
Quote from: La Voz de Almeria
Almería, on alert for snowfall in Almanzora and Los Vélez
In these regions, the snow will reach four centimetres in 24 hours

The State Meteorological Agency (Aemet) has included the provinces of Almería, Granada and Jaén among those that this Friday will be with a yellow warning of snowfall risk.

Specifically, the province of Almería will have a warning from 6:00 p.m. and until the next day in the Valle del Almanzora and Los Vélez region, with 24-hour snow accumulation of up to four centimetres with a 1,000-meter snow level.

In Granada, the risk is concentrated from 3:00 p.m. in the Comarca of Guadix and Baza and until the following day , also with accumulation of snow in 24 hours of up to four centimeters with a snow level of 1,000 meters.

Finally, in the Jiennense region of Cazorla and Segura the alert will be active from 12.00 pm until the following day, with snow accumulation in 24 hours of up to ten centimetres with a snow level of 1,000 meters.

:snow: :omg:
Stay safe !!

Roscoe

• Administrator
Re: Yellow alert for snowfall tonight
« Reply #1 on: 27 Mar, 2020, 09:16:24 pm »
We have the plague, food locusts, what next, the day of the Triffids and what next, can't remember the next disaster, floods?

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #2 on: 28 Mar, 2020, 01:17:44 pm »
I have had snow here in Somontin (831mtrs) in April before so would not be surprise to get it again... Nothing surprises me any more  with regard to the weather in Spain but I do find it fascinating!

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #3 on: 29 Mar, 2020, 01:44:31 pm »
My temperature dropped to  just 3.5 C last night.  No snow and glorious blue skies today....

Drax

« Reply #4 on: 29 Mar, 2020, 02:36:15 pm »
This is the scene from up in Topares yesterday afternoon.

[attachment[/attachment]