Author Topic: GRHHHHH!!!  (Read 5792 times)

frankie

• Slimmers group
GRHHHHH!!!
« on: 12 Apr, 2020, 10:55:46 am »
I have had to turn TV off as I found myself shouting at it....  Andrew Marr is interviewing some robotic MP who is responding to almost every question about supplies to carers, hospital staff etc etc with "we have a plan".  They've had a plan for weeks and in the meantime health professionals are dying! "We have a plan" does not cut it any more.  If the problem is delivery of the ppe then the armed services could deliver.  There is absolutely NO excuse IMO!!!  I have been hearing that the final death toll in UK could be the highest in Europe if not the World.
I am about to have a coffee and a small brandy to calm down....

Judi_bk

• Administrator
Re: GRHHHHH!!!
« Reply #1 on: 12 Apr, 2020, 01:11:02 pm »
Enjoy your brandy.  I was furious yesterday with Matt Hancock blaming those that are putting their lives at risk for using too much PPE.  FFS!!! He should be put in a coronavirus ward and see if he feels he needs PPE or not.  They really must recall parliament, the government are actually getting away with murder

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #2 on: 12 Apr, 2020, 02:13:06 pm »
I couldn't agree more.  I've never thought much of Hancock as he has always seemed too far removed from the real World and nothing I have seen from him in this crisis has changed my mind.  I also found it incredible the way Priti Patel 'apologised' at yesterday's press meeting.  Her tone of voice was anything but apologetic.
The current Govt is getting away with murder, literally, at the moment. :angry:

Wolfie

« Reply #3 on: 12 Apr, 2020, 02:18:22 pm »
The current Govt is getting away with murder, literally, at the moment. :angry:

...and I wonder if the labour party could have done any better?   :rolleyes:

Judi_bk

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: 12 Apr, 2020, 03:18:48 pm »
Not under Corbyn, I never thought he was PM material but neither is Boris.  We need parliament to reopen just to hold them to account

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #5 on: 12 Apr, 2020, 07:05:19 pm »
No, maybe labour would not have made a better job of it but surely Boris' lot need to be held to account.  This cannot happen unless Parliament is reconvened and that will not be happening at the present.  However there is nothing to stop all major parties getting together via video conference once a week with it being televised in the same way that PMQ's are shown.

Judi_bk

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: 12 Apr, 2020, 07:14:23 pm »
 After 10 years of underfunding and gradually dismantling and privatising the profitable bits of the NHS it would have been a yough ask for any government.  It looks as though UK will have the highest deaths in Europe.
« Last Edit: 12 Apr, 2020, 07:17:44 pm by Judi_bk »

Judi_bk

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: 12 Apr, 2020, 07:44:20 pm »
I wonder if Johnson will have changed his mind about the NHS after his "near death experience"