Author Topic: Has it rained more this Spring?  (Read 5754 times)

Judi_bk

• Administrator
Has it rained more this Spring?
« on: 18 Apr, 2020, 11:55:09 am »
On the whole, yes!

frankie

• Slimmers group
Re: Has it rained more this Spring?
« Reply #1 on: 18 Apr, 2020, 12:04:29 pm »
I think it is the wettest spring since I moved here in 2004.  I am in 2 minds how I feel about it as it has meant my fairly new garden has come on in leaps and bounds and I have had no need to water unlike in previous year but it would have been nice to have some sunshine during lockdown..

Judi_bk

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: 18 Apr, 2020, 12:21:52 pm »
You had slightly more in 2015 though

Judi_bk

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: 18 Apr, 2020, 12:39:40 pm »

Interesting read  https://www.diariodealmeria.es/almeria/triple-lluvia-almeria-coronavirus_0_1456055014.html

scroll down and it claims

Hence, the phantom of the anti-rain aircraft in the south-east of Spain once again flew with force, which even reached the Provincial Prosecutor's Office at the request of the Association in Defense of Health and the Environment and against Anti-Rain Systems of Almería (Avial) and the Federation of Agricultural Cooperatives of Murcia (FECOAM). They even promoted demonstrations ensuring that there were anti-rain activities, planting the clouds with products such as silver iodide or lead dioxide, which manipulated rainfall to favor tourism, insurers and large farms and collected more than 10,000 signatures in their crusade against the mysterious devices that They dissipate the clouds of the sky of the province based on a series of sightings that nobody has been able to demonstrate because they fly over places but there is no record of the spread of substances.

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #4 on: 20 Apr, 2020, 11:28:51 am »
Interesting article, it sounds like Science fiction.  Ramblagirl has been convinced for ages that this has been happening.