Author Topic: In the UK was it necesarry to close everything down.  (Read 3937 times)

PAULT

In the UK was it necesarry to close everything down.
« on: 08 May, 2020, 11:26:48 am »
I suspect the following could also be applied to other countries
Sounds like the Brex**t voters are having uneven say on the future, support for the lock down is highest among older voters.

Just over half of coronavirus-linked deaths in England have been people aged 80 and above. Only 1% were in people aged 20-39, according to the stats from NHS England. The new data, based on deaths announced by English hospitals as of 5pm on Thursday, April 2, suggests 1,749 (53%) out of 3,302 recorded deaths, were aged 80 or above. Meanwhile, 1,291 (39%) were 60-79 years old. A further 233 (7%) were aged 40-59, with 26 (1%) aged 20-39 and three (0.1%) aged 0-19.

Read more: https://metro.co.uk/2020/04/03/coronavirus-deaths-age-uk-12506448/?ito=cbshare
Twitter: https://twitter.com/MetroUK | Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MetroUK/
Yet another result of short sighted Tory policies.
If the Tories had not increased the retirement age to 67 at lot of people would have retired by now.
Women would have been reaching 60 and men would have reached 65 before the out break,
This would mean that the vast majority who may have shown signs of the illness would have recovered and returned to work, so there would not have been the need to close down so many sources of employment.
Of course these stats are as of the 2 April but as of yesterday only 433 people under 40 had died.
And as they are of the 2 April the government must have been aware of the age ranges most affected.
Also as the age group most likely to be affected were removed from the work force the spread of the decease may have been lessened

FOGGY

Re: In the UK was it necesarry to close everything down.
« Reply #1 on: 08 May, 2020, 04:39:59 pm »
I often wonder how this would have been managed only 40 years ago without the internet/ 24-7 news and hyper dreadful morning tv. I suspect we had epidemics even pandemics so I guess herd immunity and death was inevitable till it disappeared, like Spanish flue which originated from America  :huh:
Also medicines are keeping millions alive that would normally be dead but along comes the leveller and you’re a goner. Plus there’s the obesity thing too, sorry fat people but you are a Very high risk and many deaths have been fat people.
So I’ve had a good think and yes everything should be closed to protect the very brave NHS workers of which over 100 have Sadly died. Did the closures actually go far enough ie: takeaways! B&Q !!!
« Last Edit: 09 May, 2020, 08:40:25 am by FOGGY »

FOGGY

« Reply #2 on: 09 May, 2020, 09:17:24 am »
Modified

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #3 on: 09 May, 2020, 01:07:32 pm »
I heard yesterday that a 3 week old Baby with underlying health issues had died of Covid.  Those poor prents.  Also 9 Chelsea pensioners had died.  When a care home owner was asked if the peak had been reached in care Homes, he said categorically not!  We can expect a lot more deaths to come....