Author Topic: Gloves and masks  (Read 4077 times)

Roscoe

• Administrator
Gloves and masks
« on: 13 May, 2020, 08:09:25 pm »
Our physiotherapist has strict rules.  Masks and gloves have to be worn to enter the clinic, once inside hand sanitizer and then stepping onto disinfected towels.  If the patient does not have the above she will provide them which she has to pay for out of her own pocket.  She also said that if you have the paper masks and only wear them for an hour or two you can sanitize them or a gentle swish through soapy water, they can then be used again in 2/3 days. 

Gloves and industrial masks can be purchased from the Chinese todo at the side of Mercadona, gloves in all sizes.  They also had strict protocols in place.

Clare Shirley

• Administrator
Re: Gloves and masks
« Reply #1 on: 13 May, 2020, 08:13:10 pm »
I purposely bought rewashable masks.

yes I support these measures we have them in the opticians and the cafe. We have to stay safe

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #2 on: 13 May, 2020, 09:40:01 pm »
I have been wearing gloves and mask every time I go out, although find I cannot wear a mask and glasses together as the glasses steam up!  I is amazing how glove sizes do vary.  I am normally a size 7 in gardening gloves but find that sizing of rubber ones cannot be trusted and I do not know if they fit until I open the box and try them on.
I suspect we will be wearing them for quite a lot longer...

ramblagirl

« Reply #3 on: 14 May, 2020, 06:32:02 am »
Frankie if you criss cross the elastic around your ears making sure the bottom one goes over the top of your ear and settle it comfortably on your face then your glasses do not steam up. As for the gloves you would be similar to me and I bought a box of 100 in size medium

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #4 on: 14 May, 2020, 01:53:42 pm »
I have bought all sizes apart from XL, small was far too difficult to get on and split in trying, medium is difficult to get past the wrist and large has at least an inch extra at the top, which fills with air.  That is 3 boxes so far, costing about 15 euro.  I shall be trying th criss cross method shortly as I go to Merkies....

ramblagirl

« Reply #5 on: 14 May, 2020, 02:05:57 pm »
I use talcum powder on my hands before putting the gloves on, makes it much easier.

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #6 on: 14 May, 2020, 08:32:38 pm »
Never thought of that, I could have bought some when I went to Mercadona this afternoon!  I wasn't able to twist the elastic on my mask as it was far too tight.  I am wearing washable ones which are far more comfortable...