Author Topic: Car Tax  (Read 5368 times)

ramblagirl

Car Tax
« on: 12 May, 2020, 08:28:00 am »
Question. Car tax is due. Do I get it from the town hall where I was on the padron in January 2019 or from my new town hall where I registered on the padron in September 2019.

Drax

Re: Car Tax
« Reply #1 on: 12 May, 2020, 09:03:51 am »
If you are talking Arboleas then the letter/invoice/paperwork (whatever) will not be issued until June.

As far as which town hall you pay to if you've swopped , I would start at the current one and check they have your details from your old town hall.

ramblagirl

« Reply #2 on: 12 May, 2020, 09:14:54 am »
Thanks Drax I'll email them first. Cuevas issued a list of email addresses where you can apply and yesterday I got a copy of my padron in under 2 hours so will try with the car tax.

Clare Shirley

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: 12 May, 2020, 09:21:35 am »
Its from where your car is registered at Trafico

if you didn't update the address at trafico it will come from your previous town hall

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #4 on: 12 May, 2020, 03:09:37 pm »
My understanding was that no paper reminders were being sent out now, just emails?

Drax

« Reply #5 on: 12 May, 2020, 04:33:44 pm »
My understanding was that no paper reminders were being sent out now, just emails?
That may be true of your town hall Frankie, but Arboleas will be posting them out next month as usual according to MariLou, who I was with yesterday, when someone turned up at the town hall to "collect" from David in the finance office.

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #6 on: 13 May, 2020, 09:42:52 pm »
Interesting as there will be more people needing them in Arboleas than in Somontin and I was told it was for cost cutting purposes....

Judi_bk

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: 14 May, 2020, 08:07:26 am »
Maybe it is because a lot of the Spanish don't bother until they want to sell a car and the old fellas with and old white van or ancient Merc don't because they never will sell. 
Let's face it there are no checks and the only sanction when you pay prior to selling is interest. Most of the Brits in Arboleas will pay and the TH probably think it is worth reminding them as they all trot along with their bit of paper and pay

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #8 on: 14 May, 2020, 01:48:44 pm »
My Ayuntamiento probably wouldn't know what to do with a payment anyway in the same way that they had no idea what to do when I naively asked for a licence to burn a lot of rubbish.  He had to make no less than 3 phone calls to his counterpart in Seron to ask what to do....