Author Topic: Another case in the valley  (Read 10334 times)

Judi_bk

• Administrator
Another case in the valley
« on: 20 Jun, 2020, 07:26:57 am »
Sunburnt Arms has had to close saying because there is "another case in the village".  I read somewhere else it is a Brit couple and he is confirmed and in hospital.  Not sure if "the village" is Piedra Amarillo or Partaloa, STAY SAFE EVERYBODY

shelav

• Slimmers group
Re: Another case in the valley
« Reply #1 on: 20 Jun, 2020, 08:13:12 am »
Judi, it is a British couple who live in Piedra Amarilla - the husband has contracted it.  Piedra Amarilla comes under Partaloa town hall and they have closed The Hub Community Centre, Lorena's Cafe Bar and Sunburnt Arms which are all in Piedra, the closure will be reviewed on Monday following a meeting between the owners and town hall and on medical advise.  This is the first case in the municipality of Partaloa.

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #2 on: 20 Jun, 2020, 01:09:47 pm »
Crikey, I do wish whoever it is well and that he has a quick recovery.  I also hope they can track his contacts so they can self isolate, as the thought of another lockdown period does not bear thinking about...
It just proves that this epidemic maybe slowing down but the fact remains that there is no cure and it is very much still with us and will be until (if)they find a vaccine against it.

Roscoe

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: 20 Jun, 2020, 01:36:30 pm »
Apparently they were at a music gig, this is what happens when people  congregate for a length of time.  The next worry is when and if brits are allowed into Spain, either for holidays or visiting relatives and mingling locally. :thumbsdown:

Lmj19

« Reply #4 on: 20 Jun, 2020, 02:34:12 pm »
Yes he’s a neighbour of ours. We don’t mix with groups of people because it’s too risky. We will self isolate again for another 2 weeks as unfortunately I’m classed as high risk.
We were in Mojacar on Friday and the number of people without masks in shops was ridiculous

Roscoe

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: 20 Jun, 2020, 02:52:24 pm »
I was in Albox yesterday and didn't see one bare face, although several had them on their chin ready to pull up over the nose when people came near them.

JessicaH

« Reply #6 on: 20 Jun, 2020, 02:54:21 pm »
Personally believe anyone and everyone  over 55 is at risk even if they are presumably fit and healthy and for that reason alone all expats here should take extra care .
We, like everyone, miss family and friends. Be they in the locale or in another country.
Unfortunately this virus is something we have to live with at the moment so any unnecessarily mixing with hoards of strangers is something IMO to be avoided for a while. 
If not for ones own health but for the sake of ones neighbours.

Drax

« Reply #7 on: 20 Jun, 2020, 03:22:16 pm »
That's one of the things with this virus, you *might* get symptoms, you *might* throw it off, you *might* even need hospital treatment or even worse BUT it takes 2-14 days to show itself and if you are out and about for even a short time everyday just think of the number of people you *might* pass it on to, either by direct closeness or *might* leave it on a chair/table/surface you've touched.

It's a *mighty* problem. Thinking you are invincible does not help the rest of the population or yourself.

n.b. I went into a building yesterday afternoon, masks obligatory, handwash on the way in and a security guard with a temperature gun pointed at my forehead. No problem! On the way out a separate door (guard sat in the middle of the two) he looked a bit surprised when I asked him to pass the handwash as none available when exiting the building. Phfff..

Wolfie

« Reply #8 on: 20 Jun, 2020, 03:40:09 pm »
He lives around the corner from me and is in the high risk category so probably not a good idea to go to a local music gig.  Personally I think it's too soon for people to mingle in pubs especially when they have underlying health problems.

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #9 on: 20 Jun, 2020, 06:50:59 pm »
I know we are now permitted to go inside bars but I much prefer being outside on the one day I go to Purchena Market and have a coffee.
 I cannot imagine why anyone would want to be in a crowd at the moment.  The rest of the time I stay home with my cat for company.  I know she isn't likely to infect me..
I do hope there isn't a second wave after people have been involved in the Black Lives Matter protest, even though I agree with the sentiment.

JessicaH

« Reply #10 on: 20 Jun, 2020, 07:39:21 pm »
After Monday, Frankie, we will find out because that’s the day people can enter other regions.
Not for us though, too soon,  and certainly not impressed when reading  someone from Arboleas is desperate to visit Lorca on Monday.
Just hope they mask up.

jimmymac

« Reply #11 on: 21 Jun, 2020, 04:31:56 pm »
I'm still in personal choice Lockdown so hope to avoid any stupid selfish people going to events such as "Music Gigs", FFS.  :sad:

Lmj19

« Reply #12 on: 22 Jun, 2020, 12:51:30 pm »
As promised the result of the meeting this morning.

Announcement re the case of Covid 19 in La Piedra Amarilla

We know this had been a worrying time. First of all I would like to thank everyone for their vigilance and patience over the weekend.

After the weekend consultation the council are now in a position to say that  both bars and other enterprises can  open today as normal.

After long discussions during the meeting with the Mayor this morning, The Sunburnt Arms, Lorena’s  the Hub have collectively taken the decision not to open until July 3rd (two week).

They made this decision  to ensure the safety of the communities they serve, the safety of their families and staff,  even though they have been advised that they can reopen.
I  would like to thank Lorena’s, The Sunburnt Arms and the hub for their cooperation and help this weekend. During this difficult period all three venues have acted in an exemplary way to ensure the safety of their customers.

All three venues have completely disinfected inside and out as per the regulations, they will continue as long as required.

Can all customers  please be aware that the bars and their staff are applying the rules strictly for your safety, please bear this in mind when you are reminded of the need to strictly adhere to all rules.

I know a case of Covid 19 in the village came both as a shock and a wake up call to everyone in the village. It shows the need to still be vigilant.

Those people who have to self isolate are now aware of need to do so. For everyone else please take care and stick to the rules that are still in place despite the end of the State of Alarm. Remember this mean masks at all times when distancing is not possible.

The villages of La Piedra Amarilla were disinfected on Saturday morning before 9am, and will be gain before the bars open on July 3rd.

What does the new normality consist of? In this new stage, which begins on Sunday, mobility restrictions imposed by the state of alarm will end but hygiene and safe-distancing measures will remain. The government has approved a Royal Decree that sets out the obligatory use of masks when a safe inter-personal distance of 1.5 meters cannot be maintained, with fines of up to €100 if this is not observed.

Once again thank you to everyone. Don’t forget each time you leave home you need to be aware COVID 19 has not disappeared.

Steve Conroy

jimmymac

« Reply #13 on: 22 Jun, 2020, 04:38:47 pm »
Well done to the bars and all people involved.   :tiphat:

Drax

« Reply #14 on: 22 Jun, 2020, 07:01:48 pm »
I agree, well done and great work by the authorities but....

Normally reliably sources today mentioned that the problem was that the gentleman concerned had a heart problem and collapsed, when the emergency services arrived they tested for Covid and it was positive but it's also suggested that his wife was not tested but is now self-isolating?

They had been into Mojacar recently, his wife works at Maz's dog shop and the music "do" was at the Sunburnt. They had also been into Total Entertainment in Albox - so be careful, it's not gone away yet and you don't know where or when it *might* find you  :cry:

Stay safe  :thumbsup: