Author Topic: Another case in the valley  (Read 10335 times)

Roscoe

• Administrator
Re: Another case in the valley
« Reply #15 on: 22 Jun, 2020, 10:09:06 pm »
With the flights  coming in from Germany and UK,  I am shielding and isolating, scary. :angry:

shelav

• Slimmers group
« Reply #16 on: 23 Jun, 2020, 08:18:07 am »
I heard similar to you Drax except that he was at a routine appointment at HO hospital for a check up following his heart attack last year when he was tested.

Lmj19

« Reply #17 on: 23 Jun, 2020, 09:01:15 am »
I heard similar to you Drax except that he was at a routine appointment at HO hospital for a check up following his heart attack last year when he was tested.

Nope, taken by ambulance

jimmymac

« Reply #18 on: 23 Jun, 2020, 04:32:27 pm »
Scary anyway for everyone, as said the Covid devil is still with us. Take care..... :evil:

JessicaH

« Reply #19 on: 23 Jun, 2020, 04:52:22 pm »
Apparently Japanese scientists believe aircon / recycled air causes most problems in catching COVID -19.
The test will be once holiday makers arrive in their droves via plane .

FOGGY

« Reply #20 on: 23 Jun, 2020, 08:26:26 pm »
Jimmy and Frankie You’re spot on totally irresponsible  Going to pubs, festivals,  music doos anywhere there’s crowds. The virus is still active and looking for plonkers to infect. I’ve got no sympathy for idiots.
« Last Edit: 23 Jun, 2020, 08:37:24 pm by FOGGY »

FOGGY

« Reply #21 on: 23 Jun, 2020, 08:36:35 pm »
Ditto jess, aircon is a well known for harbouring for many nasties and bacteria’s, I swear I caught legionnaires disease from it in Ibiza, you don’t want that💉I truly thought I was going to die.

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #22 on: 24 Jun, 2020, 08:39:52 am »
Watching UK TV it now seems as if a new outbreak is expected in autumn rather than it being a possibility.  I think I can assume the same will be the case here.  Both Germany and China are now experiencing another outbreak right now.  I listened to a boffin saying that each time there is a new outbreak the Virus is evolving.  I wonder what that means in terms of a vaccine as surely scientists will constantly be playing catch-up?

ramblagirl

« Reply #23 on: 24 Jun, 2020, 10:06:08 am »
Even if they find a vaccine there is no way I'll be having it after all this shambles by the scientists

JessicaH

« Reply #24 on: 24 Jun, 2020, 10:18:22 am »
FOGGY, my husband also had the misfortune to catch legionnaires. In his case from our irrigation system.
Hospitalised for 16 days but, like you, fortunately survived to tell the tale.
Living in Spain certainly saved his life as condition was immediately recognised at RM hospital.
A VERY VERY nasty disease of which we are constantly reminded due to it’s feint similarity to COVID.
Since then we have tried to distance ourselves from public buildings, street fountains, bags of compost and aeroplanes .
Suppose, for we of a certain age, this is now the new normal. :huh:

Judi_bk

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: 24 Jun, 2020, 10:30:49 am »
I hate aircon and never use ours.  We do have a fountain but fill it from the pool where the water is treated.

Wolfie

« Reply #26 on: 24 Jun, 2020, 10:45:40 am »
Just heard that he's back home from hospital.

Drax

« Reply #27 on: 24 Jun, 2020, 10:52:33 am »
My cousins husband (is that a cousin-in-law?) is one of the UK experts in Air-Con and water based diseases like Legionnaires, he travels the world advising the big hotel chains, cruise liners and the like about their water storage tanks, shower systems, air-con units etc.

If you're worried about this type of disease you should also think about the depositos in your gardens  :whistle: :crazy:
We refused to have one installed many years ago when the water supply was off more than it was on.

Drax

« Reply #28 on: 24 Jun, 2020, 10:54:16 am »
Just heard that he's back home from hospital.

Great news, hope he's recovering quickly and no recurring or long-term effects.   :thumbsup:

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #29 on: 24 Jun, 2020, 11:02:30 am »
Yes, good to hear he's home now
The first thing I did when I bought my house was to install A/C in every room.  I could not use it for 22 months as electric was not connected.  When it was, I used it briefly but not since as it played hell with my sinuses.  A total waste of money.