Author Topic: A noisy start?  (Read 6044 times)

frankie

• Slimmers group
A noisy start?
« on: 24 Jun, 2020, 08:45:31 am »
How many were woken up by a massive thunder clap this morning?   I was up early and just about to water the garden when I looked up towards Baza and heard faint rumblings.  I decided to wait when I saw a lightning flash and glad I did. 
I've had torrential rain and thunder with lightning directly overhead (who else counts after lightning waiting for the thunder to tell how far away it is?).  It's passed by now and is on it's way down the valley towards Albox.

Judi_bk

• Administrator
Re: A noisy start?
« Reply #1 on: 24 Jun, 2020, 09:02:04 am »
I thought it was an earthquake at first

Wolfie

« Reply #2 on: 24 Jun, 2020, 10:06:32 am »
We had a lot of thunder and a few flashes of lightening around 0730 in Piedra but only a few spots of rain.  It's very dark though but lightening up on the horizon.

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #3 on: 24 Jun, 2020, 10:55:20 am »
Looks as if I may have been the lucky one to get rain?  It was only for about 10 mins, max, but enough for me not to water the garden.  SKy is clear blue now...

Judi_bk

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: 24 Jun, 2020, 10:57:49 am »
We had .25mm

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #5 on: 24 Jun, 2020, 11:12:13 am »
Haven't checked mine as it was after I'd recorded yesterday's temps.
Been out to look and it is between 1 and 2 ml.  I thought it would have been more and am glad I looked as it would have evaporated as sun is full out now...

shelav

• Slimmers group
« Reply #6 on: 24 Jun, 2020, 02:47:56 pm »
We didn't even have enough rain to register so it was less than 0.3mm but the few drops we had were full of sand as have had to wipe down the furniture and BBQ etc., so glad I rushed out and brought the cushions in or they would have red dots on them too

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #7 on: 25 Jun, 2020, 04:17:45 pm »
I wasn't the only one who had the downpour yesterday a friend in Purchena also had a lot in a brief 10 mins or so of heavy rain.  Not nearly enough as I needed to water this morning.