Author Topic: Helicopter.  (Read 4125 times)

olly

Helicopter.
« on: 24 Jul, 2020, 08:02:39 pm »
Anyone know why the helicopter landed near the green bridge this morning?

Judi_bk

• Administrator
Re: Helicopter.
« Reply #1 on: 26 Jul, 2020, 07:44:34 am »
Sorry o ly just seen this.  Someone at the medical centre had a suspected heart attack.  The helecopter went round several times, obviously couldn't land up there.  The ambulance brought the person down to our dide of the old bridge and the helicopter took them to Almeria

olly

« Reply #2 on: 26 Jul, 2020, 08:26:19 am »
 Thanks Judi. Thought it may have been something medical.

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #3 on: 26 Jul, 2020, 09:55:33 am »
Whenever I see the helicopter I always think it is bad news. The base is at Seron somewhere and I see it coming down the valley, usually below where I live in Somontin. 

Drax

« Reply #4 on: 26 Jul, 2020, 05:42:12 pm »
I saw it, actually I saw loads of people town side of the green bridge as I drove over it, stood watching "something" or queuing (whatever). I went up to the town hall noticing Danny at the top corner looking down into the rambla together with a little crowd distancing..

The town hall was wonderful - in and out in two or three minutes.

On the way back down the hill I saw the 'copter, over the bridge again were the local policia car and at least one GC car, lights flashing. Not much activity but I was driving and watching the road more than the incident. Always better to concentrate on what you are doing than create an "incident" yourself eh? No rubbernecking, not really interested, not my problem, will read the news later.

Hope whoever it was is doing well, the emergency services here are fantastic from my limited knowledge and reading of what they do in such a vast area they cover. Wonderful!  :thumbsup:

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #5 on: 27 Jul, 2020, 02:34:48 pm »
I agree with you Drax about how well the emergency services work here.  However it does concern me that the only fire station which covers our region is based in Albox (I believe).  I drive fast (heavy right foot) and it takes me about 30 minutes to drive to Albox.  That is a long time in the event of a fire.  I stopped using the fire which was a wood burner as my chimney caught fire just a week after it had been swept.  Flames were shooting up in the air at an alarming height, with bits of ash and sparks travelling quite a distance.  I was terrified it would set the campo alight.  It burned for about 15 minutes and by the time the fire brigade would have arrived, it would either have burnt itself out, as was the case or, in the event it had caught the dead vegetation alight, it could have been a disaster.  I have not used that fire again...