Author Topic: No smoking, no discos, no clubs  (Read 3896 times)

Judi_bk

• Administrator
No smoking, no discos, no clubs
« on: 14 Aug, 2020, 04:47:39 pm »
 From N332.

BREAKING NEWS!!!

Smoking in outside public places to be banned and nightlife venues (clubs) to be closed throughout all of Spain

The Minister of Health, Salvador Illa, announces this morning in a press conference the ban on smoking throughout Spain: "Smoking is prohibited throughout Spain as long as a safety distance cannot be maintained.”

Illa states “We have decided to adopt coordinated measures for the benefit of all the autonomous communities. The first measure is that it is decreed that discos, nightclubs and similar are closed throughout the territory of Spain.”

In hospitality, the minimum distance of 1.5 metres at the bar must be guaranteed and at the tables and a maximum limit of 10 people at each table. The closing time will be at 1:00 in the morning. Customers must not be accepted into the establishment from 00:00 hours.

Drax

Re: No smoking, no discos, no clubs
« Reply #1 on: 14 Aug, 2020, 06:49:45 pm »
Smoking : "as long as a safety distance cannot be maintained"? It's never going to work  :rolleyes:

Roscoe

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: 14 Aug, 2020, 09:36:56 pm »
No, we are both smokers, but as we haven't frequented the bars it hasn't affected us.  Living in our bubble.   :tiphat:

Judi_bk

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: 15 Aug, 2020, 07:40:44 am »
I think it is because smoking is an "excuse" to remove your mask.  You see a lot walking around or standing outside shops in Albox

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #4 on: 15 Aug, 2020, 11:52:46 am »
I was amazed when the no smoking in bars was brought in as I never in a million years thought the Spanish would obey it but the vast majority did (I know that some bars turn a blind eye).  It will be interesting to see how this goes down...