Author Topic: Rain - or lack of  (Read 8877 times)

frankie

• Slimmers group
Re: Rain - or lack of
« Reply #15 on: 27 Nov, 2020, 03:48:29 pm »
 :shocked:  Where are you, Lmj19?  I am amazed that someone has escaped the torrential rain last night!  The storm rattled around, with thunder directly overhead and some sounded as if they were thunder bolts.  I imagined one of the pine trees beside my house being struck as all 7 of them would go up.

Lmj19

« Reply #16 on: 27 Nov, 2020, 03:52:49 pm »
No didn’t escape it, but 2 years ago the pool area was flooded. We drilled some holes in the wall a few weeks ago,  to allow water to escape. Protected our vegetable plot too. The car is nice and shiny and the roads are not flooded . I haven’t looked at the ramblas though.

Judi_bk

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: 27 Nov, 2020, 05:07:00 pm »
My post was wrong it was 19mm but that isn't too much and the garden wasn't flooded as it sometimes does

Wolfie

« Reply #18 on: 27 Nov, 2020, 06:57:34 pm »
We got around 2 hrs sleep from when it first started just before midnight.  The electricity kept going off and on and now we've been the whole day without lights.  Oh the joys of living here when it rains hard.  Oh yes, the swimming pool is full of filthy rainwater!

Judi_bk

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: 27 Nov, 2020, 10:10:13 pm »
We had no problem with power in La Perla, Arboleas

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #20 on: 28 Nov, 2020, 11:36:32 am »
Where are you, Wolfie?  No power cuts up here in Somontin but could only get Sky News on thursday night.
I heard nothing until 2 very loud bangs overhead at 2.15 on  thursday night/friday morning.
So nice to have the blue sky and sunshine this morning, even if the wind is a cold one...
Lots of towels out on the line, ready for a possible repeat on monday....
« Last Edit: 28 Nov, 2020, 01:01:53 pm by frankie »

Wolfie

« Reply #21 on: 28 Nov, 2020, 03:54:55 pm »
Near Partaloa - seems like water got into the wiring and knocked out all our lights - they're still out!  They did flick on in the bedroom at 3.30 this morning and went out again 5 minutes later.  Just hope the sun has dried the wiring out - wherever the wiring is!