Author Topic: Fire El Badil  (Read 4263 times)

Roscoe

• Administrator
Fire El Badil
« on: 28 Aug, 2020, 04:31:07 pm »
This is just the other side of Almanzora on the way to Cantoria. 3 helicopters, 1 plane and 32 firefighters in attendance.

Drax

Re: Fire El Badil
« Reply #1 on: 28 Aug, 2020, 07:04:10 pm »
La Voz reported it via GUILLERMO MIRĂ“N at 4.30pm
https://www.lavozdealmeria.com/noticia/3/provincia/199639/decenas-de-bomberos-trabajan-en-la-extincion-de-un-incendio-en-cantoria

Quote from: google translate
"Many Infoca troops are working to extinguish a fire that broke out on Friday afternoon in a place in the municipality of Cantoria , in the Almanzora Valley.

It was around three in the afternoon when members of the fire fighting service began to come to carry out tasks that are currently supported by three transport and extinguishing helicopters, two fire engines, a cargo plane on the ground and a total of 32 forest firefighters.

At the moment the origin of the fire is unknown, although, as can be seen in the image shared by Infoca itself, several houses are located a few meters from the fire.

Shortly after the fire started, the resulting smoke was visible from a large part of the Almanzora Valley , as residents of the Arboleas municipal area who could see the columns of smoke from their homes have assured.

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #2 on: 29 Aug, 2020, 10:24:15 am »
I made several trips up to my roof terrace yesterday as I could smell smoke and saw the helicopter going down the valley.  I couldn't see anything so it must have been around a bend in the valley.
Going out to collect my temperatures earlier I could still smell it this morning.
I do hope it is now out and that no one was hurt.  Does anyone know? 

Drax

« Reply #3 on: 29 Aug, 2020, 01:58:32 pm »
According to press reports and INFOCA (Andalusian Forest Fire Extinction Service) just after 5 pm the fire was "stabilised"

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #4 on: 30 Aug, 2020, 11:13:03 am »
This photo does not appear as of it was 'stabilised'.
Ever since I saw a pine tree ignite further up the valley towards Seron several yeas ago, when there was no apparent fire close to it, I have been very concerned.  I have 7 mega pines very close to my house, so I am very vulnerable to fires.

Drax

« Reply #5 on: 30 Aug, 2020, 04:55:14 pm »
I guess the photo was from earlier in the day  :wink:

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #6 on: 31 Aug, 2020, 11:06:38 am »
So scary, especially when I am driving behind a car and I see a cigarette thrown out of the window!!! :angry: