Author Topic: Hard to believe  (Read 7332 times)

Raymondo

Hard to believe
« on: 08 Jun, 2019, 05:03:11 pm »
Someone recently posted that conscription may not be a good idea.?? Have a look at this behaviour from the youth of the UK who wont and dont work and live off the state  and tell me that a spell in the Forces off the streets would not instill some disciple in them.
If these girls were my children conscription or the courts would be the least of their worries.
This is sickening.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2019/jun/08/london-bus-attack-fifth-arrest-after-homophobic-assault

Doreen

Re: Hard to believe
« Reply #1 on: 08 Jun, 2019, 06:08:37 pm »
It's disgusting. I'm not sure about conscription Raymondo, a chain gang might be better.
😡

Ukulele

« Reply #2 on: 08 Jun, 2019, 09:49:25 pm »
More than 2,500 former members of the armed forces were sentenced to jail last year, many for serious violence and sexual offences.

Bit of conscription could do them some good ... I think not!

I too am really angry about the homophobic and mysogonistic attack on these women, but the simple popularist response of conscription for the offenders, is just that, too simple, and not an answer!
« Last Edit: 08 Jun, 2019, 09:51:19 pm by Ukulele »

Doreen

« Reply #3 on: 09 Jun, 2019, 08:37:53 am »
So what do you suggest?

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #4 on: 09 Jun, 2019, 10:31:40 am »
Ukelele,  many cannot settle down after coming out of the services.  Over the years they have experienced 3 meals a day (unless in a war zone), bed, free dentistry and health care but most importantly a 'Family', which many may not have experienced previously.  Often they are unable to find a job and as time goes on unable to find accommodation.  Is it any wonder they resort to crime?
The help the Govt gives is negligible to the armed services once they leave. and very noticeable by it's absence.  They may land up on the streets and could be suffering from PTSD.
« Last Edit: 10 Jun, 2019, 01:41:58 pm by frankie »

Raymondo

« Reply #5 on: 09 Jun, 2019, 02:13:17 pm »
These are not ex forces personnel.  They are badly brought up English yobs. They have left a trail of destruction behind them everywhere they go. UKELELE, Have a look at the face ofthe little Irish lad and explain how you would put manners on these poor lads who had a sad bad upbringing.
2 years barracks disipline with a trade at the end. The do gooders are everywbere but severe disipline over a period might help.
But of course im sure you know another way.

Ukulele

« Reply #6 on: 09 Jun, 2019, 03:36:53 pm »
Frankie .... I largely agree with your post. Ex service personel, imprisoned for violent and sexual crimes, may well be suffering from PTSS.

Raymondo, you appear to be shouting at me. Are you angry? Are you calling me a do gooder? If so you need get a grip.

I have no experience of conscription. In fact the nearest I have come to being part of a military organisation was 1st Royal Oak Cubs. Nevertheless, I have not even received so much as a parking ticket in my life!

You do make one valid point though when you refer to the sad bad upbringing of these youths..... and yes I do have ideas about better ways of making sure young people develop into responsible adults that can contribute to society.

Many parents really struggle to be good ones. They just do not have the experience or know how how to raise their children well, and in the interest of creating a better society, they need help, often in an intensive way.

The Sure Start ChildrenĀ“s were created to do this work. To work with young parents to show them and help them to be better parents in all kinds of ways ... from health, education, play etc etc etc. They were proved to be very effective in doing this, particularly in the poorest areas, and were in fact starting to save the state money, from this investment in people.

Sadly the Government decided to close 80% of the Sure Start ChildrenĀ“s Centres, as well Youth clubs, sports centres and libraries!

Raymondo

« Reply #7 on: 09 Jun, 2019, 06:21:37 pm »
Ukulele, I wasnt shouting , I dont shout and I am not angry.
You seem to be top of the class on statistics from google so I wont contradict anything you say and wont engage again after as this is after all the friendly forum.
I was and still  am annoyed with English Thugs who came to a welcoming Dublin as they did in most other countries  and in Dublin they were in the upper stand and ripped out the seats and threw them down onto women and children down below. I was there.!!!
Lots of injuries .?? The Police had to batter them to take control.
You say you have better ways of dealing with scum that did that.??? Explain please.
You didnt comment on the young boy who looked on in shock at what was going on.
They are your countrymen,  you take responsibility for them.
 I bid you Adieu with a capital A.
Your posts do seem strangely familiar.??

Ukulele

« Reply #8 on: 09 Jun, 2019, 09:38:02 pm »
Raymondo ... perhaps you didn't know, but if you use capital letters in internet posts  ... you are shouting.

and you certainly seem angry about something that happened 24 years ago in  1995, and are asking me to take personal responsibility for doing something about it_

My younger sister was training to be a nurse in Birmingham in 1974, and has far more horrific memories than you have, but i don't ask or expect you take any responsibility for doing something about that.

England has young men with bad attitudes. So does Ireland, but England has more, partly because it has a much larger population, and partly because it seems more susceptible to taking on far right ideologies.

I really don't understand your comment about my skills on researching on Google. My sources are mainly personal experience or the Guardian. Also, i post very infrequently anywhere, normally only when i want to challenge people who are offering simplistic solution to complex problems.

Raymondo

« Reply #9 on: 09 Jun, 2019, 10:05:31 pm »

Ukulele

« Reply #10 on: 09 Jun, 2019, 10:17:49 pm »
 :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: