Author Topic: Lighting up Oria  (Read 10004 times)

Drax

Lighting up Oria
« on: 10 Jun, 2019, 09:46:59 am »
Through an investment of 308,800 euros, the Provincial Council of Almeria will bring outdoor public lighting to the barriadas of Oria, according to the deputy of Public Works, Óscar Liria.

The announcement revealed that the Junta has already approved the project that includes the installation of this public service in nine population centers that do not have it.

The project
This action will consist of the installation of 211 points of light with LED technology, supported on wooden supports or on façades. Likewise, a conduit will be installed to provide service to new points of light, and bypass boxes will be placed on façades or supports, laying and clamping of conductors on the façade or on a steel cable.

For his part, Liria highlighted the importance of the works of Provincial Plans, to improve services and infrastructure in the 103 municipalities of the province of Almeria. And is that, he adds, "thanks to the provincial plans, the neighbours will have a lighting system that will provide them with greater security, visibility, access to homes and farms."

In particular, the neighbourhoods that will benefit from these improvements are those of El Frax, with the installation of 94 points of light; Ogarite (9); Manolito (7); El Marchal (1 and 2), with 17 points of light; El Villar (8); The Alonsos (8); Los Finos (23); La Cañada (11); Barranco Quiles (8); and Los Malinos (11).
 :tiphat:

Judi_bk

• Administrator
Re: Lighting up Oria
« Reply #1 on: 10 Jun, 2019, 10:15:04 am »
We lived in Barranco del Quiles for 8 months, there aren't eight things worth lighting up  :dunno:

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #2 on: 10 Jun, 2019, 01:40:42 pm »
Yes, I did wonder the same thing, Judi...  It will be an awkward engineering thing to run the wiring to the various points as they are all over the place...
I do hope that my village is not considering doing the same thing.  I would hate to have lights outside my house spoiling the night sky, so tat I'd be unable to see the shooting stars.  I am not used to it as I've not had it here for 15 years or on the farm where I lived in UK.

PuffTheMagicDragon

« Reply #3 on: 11 Jun, 2019, 03:27:02 pm »
It seems that, the Spanish of these barriadas think that getting street lights is progress, bringing them into the modern world.......... I wonder if, in fifty years time they’ll think the same, when they can’t see the stars.
The residents of our barriada met the mayor, a year or so ago, and he proudly told us that we will be getting street lights! There are no Spanish in our barriada, so when we made it quite clear that we didn’t want them; although puzzled, he accepted our request.

Puff

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #4 on: 12 Jun, 2019, 03:01:41 pm »
Sounds like a lucky escape, Puff.  There are no Brits near me and as there are few houses here in the campo, and those that are are used as holiday homes only, I don't think I'll be getting lights any time soon.  It is only 10 years that we've had electric in our houses...

Roscoe

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: 13 Jul, 2019, 09:48:14 pm »
No street  lights, basic services, no road repairs, but hey we have fibre optic installed.  :undecided: