Author Topic: Forum groups  (Read 16911 times)

Doreen

Forum groups
« on: 10 Jun, 2019, 05:05:16 pm »
Afternoon all.
I'm sure Judi won't mind but I want to propmote two clubs/groups to our new members.

We have a walking challenge group ( well two of us ). It's all about moving a bit more than we do, pushing ourselves. It really doesn't matter how far you walk, just as long as you try to do a little more and gradually build it up.

The other one is a slimming club. Some members are in it to lose weight, others to maintain their weight loss and others to gain, after illness.
We weigh in every Thursday morning and Judi, our admin girl Judidoes a chart so we can see our progress.
It's a friendly, helpful group. Please join us if you want to do ' operation bikini ' 👙Or mankini.

Judi_bk

• Administrator
Re: Forum groups
« Reply #1 on: 10 Jun, 2019, 05:30:23 pm »
I don't mind at all.  The slimming group is private and you have to ask to be let in. you don't have to say how much you weigh ,though most do, you can just say how much you have gained or lost

Raymondo

« Reply #2 on: 10 Jun, 2019, 06:00:49 pm »
Mankinis ???  We were having meat balls for dinner . Cancell that.
👙😱🏃

Doreen

« Reply #3 on: 10 Jun, 2019, 06:09:55 pm »
They would have to be low-fat Raymondo 😬

rt21

• Slimmers group
« Reply #4 on: 10 Jun, 2019, 10:08:48 pm »
Having been sidelined from badminton by a couple of injuries in recent months I have put on some weight and badly need to lose it. However, the thought of having to wear a mankini whilst walking or getting on the scales is definitely a turn off Doreen.

Think I would rather go commando than wear a mankini   :shocked:

:tiphat:

Richard

Raymondo

« Reply #5 on: 10 Jun, 2019, 10:27:11 pm »
Richard,that should make the girls walk / run faster.
They will have nightmares tonite with that picture in mind.
Or maybe it could be a new way of attracting new members. ??
🚶🏃🏃

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #6 on: 11 Jun, 2019, 09:07:28 am »
EEEUUUGGG!  So glad I did not see this until this morning rt21 or I would not have slept.  Thankfully I've also had my porridge...  I'm going to need the Yoga group this morning to wipe the smile off my face.. :rofl: :rofl:

rt21

• Slimmers group
« Reply #7 on: 11 Jun, 2019, 12:32:39 pm »
Even I had a disturbed night last night Raymondo. Just pleased that Frankie read my post after eating her porridge!

On reflection I very much doubt that "commandos" are suitable material for the walking challenge group nor the slimming club.

And as Grouch Marx once said "I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member"

I must toddle off and get dressed now  :laugh:

Richard

Doreen

« Reply #8 on: 11 Jun, 2019, 04:09:57 pm »
So I take you don't want to join then Richard 🤔

Raymondo

« Reply #9 on: 11 Jun, 2019, 04:38:51 pm »
Hes in town having a brazilian, he will be with you shortly.
Needs to look his best.

rt21

• Slimmers group
« Reply #10 on: 11 Jun, 2019, 10:46:43 pm »
I am back.

Just had a good workout on the badders court. And even turned down an invitation for drinks after finishing the games.

Not sure what having a brazilian means Raymondo but I am sure Doreen will send me a pm with full details.  :laugh:

If I joined the "weight reduction" section of your slimming club, what would it involve Doreen ?

Richard

Doreen

« Reply #11 on: 12 Jun, 2019, 01:53:14 pm »
Hi Richard,
A Brazilian means you will be trimmed for speed ( aerodynamic) 😉.

Now to be in the slimming club you will have to contact Judi. She is the administrator for the group.
It's a private members club, so no other members will see the thread.
We weigh in on a Thursday morning. A lot of good advice was lost when the old forum went down, so we must make a start on building that up again.

Unless you are serious about lifestyle changes to your eating habits you will be thrown out 😂😂😂
Sad but true. 👮🏻‍♀️

Oh and don't worry, there is no initiation required, although it's something worth thinking about 😬

Judi_bk

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: 12 Jun, 2019, 02:04:46 pm »
Richard, as Doreen says we weigh in on a Thursday  morning.  Most members say what they weigh, preferably in kilos but we can covert , and state a target weight.  Some prefer not to say what they weigh and just say what they have gained or lost. That is fine as in any actual slimming club other members would  not know your weight unless you told them.

Let me know if you want me to "let you in".

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #13 on: 12 Jun, 2019, 02:56:07 pm »
Doreen, if there is a move towards any male needing a Brazillian before entry I suggest all us existing slimmers should be able to vet the necessary photo prior to joining.... :wink:

Doreen

« Reply #14 on: 12 Jun, 2019, 03:17:12 pm »
  🤣🤣🤣🤣