Author Topic: Wind!  (Read 5719 times)

frankie

• Slimmers group
Wind!
« on: 06 Dec, 2020, 10:52:37 am »
If you think its windy now, look at tomorrow and tuesday!  Very strong gales, temperatures barely above freezing during the day and then snow at the end of the week...
Can someone remind me why I moved here....
 :freezing: :snow: :cold:

Judi_bk

• Administrator
Re: Wind!
« Reply #1 on: 06 Dec, 2020, 01:10:14 pm »
For the sun?  We didn't expect the cold winters either

Wolfie

« Reply #2 on: 06 Dec, 2020, 03:49:22 pm »
According to the powers that be in the UK, we don't get cold weather here hence the cancellation of the Winter Fuel Allowance.

Judi_bk

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: 06 Dec, 2020, 03:56:22 pm »
I have just been out to the bins.  It is nithering out there

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #4 on: 07 Dec, 2020, 11:06:32 am »
I did know that it wasn-t constant sun with temperatures in the 80-s as I had spent the first week in december here, looking at houses before coming over for good the following April.  We had to borrow a couple of fleeces from the kind lady who was taking us around to see houses as we were so cold.  I had been told it did occasionally happen, so wasn-t too concerned and my criteria was to be able to grow the exotics that I grew in my heated greenhouse in UK.  Although my house is above the valley I was reassured that the house nearest to mine grew oranges.  The main selling point were the incredible views and that continues to be the case.
My first winter I discovered the house was built as a summer residence and not to be lived in during winter.  Temperatures went down to minus 12 and did not budge.  Inside was not much better and was just 10 C inside, with heating on and no electricity. 
I should have guessed the large photo of the house covered in snow on the wall was a clue!!!
« Last Edit: 07 Dec, 2020, 11:08:11 am by frankie »

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #5 on: 13 Dec, 2020, 02:28:10 pm »
What a very pleasant change to be able to work outside in the garden and not be battling against the gales this morning.  At one point I even had to remove one of my fleeces as I was feeling a tad too warm... :shocked: