Author Topic: Infections and deaths  (Read 8601 times)

Wolfie

Re: Infections and deaths
« Reply #15 on: 22 Jan, 2021, 10:35:42 am »
Taken from the Spanish Citizens Advice Bureau:

Holiday home owners should not register. The padrón  is only for habitual residents of Spain. Registering could have tax implications as the person inscribed is stating that they habitually reside in Spain.

Q.  Can the town hall send the police to my home to make a check on those residing there?

A.  Yes. When there are indications to doubt that the residence will be established in the municipality, or on any of the data declared by the citizen, before proceeding to register  or the modify the data in the Register, the City Council,  will order the necessary processing acts to verify the veracity of the data recorded in the request, issuing the corresponding resolution.

roger

« Reply #16 on: 22 Jan, 2021, 10:37:22 am »
To be on the padron you must be habitually resident in the town.
The true figure of people who live here full time or most of the time is around 2500, not the 4800 registered on the padron.

When people who live in the UK are required to renew every 2 years the local police contact them by email to renew.
This is done by email even when the police are told they live in the UK and will only visit for a few weeks each year, when they can.

roger

« Reply #17 on: 22 Jan, 2021, 10:40:40 am »
When I was deputy mayor I queried this process with the town hall legal official.
He smiled and shrugged his shoulders.

This is to illegally maximise government grant.
Now we see the serious affect on public health.

Drax

« Reply #18 on: 22 Jan, 2021, 09:07:02 pm »
The Padron is like the electoral roll and council tax register if you don't live there you shouldn't be on it
OK, understood. But,... If I don't live here and just have a holiday home for instance I don't pay council tax (IBI) ?

Lmj19

« Reply #19 on: 22 Jan, 2021, 10:04:55 pm »
Regarding the padron issue. Roger we had a “ discussion “ years ago, when you were saying/ encouraging people to sign on. I understand why, but told you then it was wrong.
Lots of people had issues with the hacienda due to this..
Those people with holiday homes, of course you have to pay whatever taxes/ bills are due. It was your choice to buy.

I hope the vaccine will work and get us back to near normality soon. Stay safe everyone.

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #20 on: 23 Jan, 2021, 10:10:55 am »
How does this affect people who have bought holiday homes here, pay IBI, have bank accounts here and are asked for their NIE when they want to buy, for instance , a car?

Clare Shirley

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: 23 Jan, 2021, 10:27:24 am »
they are subject to non resident tax and now the 90 day rule