Author Topic: VACCINATION PROGRESS  (Read 7412 times)

jimmymac

Re: VACCINATION PROGRESS
« Reply #15 on: 17 Mar, 2021, 05:03:56 pm »
I believe so Judi, good positive news and hope all goes well for you both. :grin:

Judi_bk

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: 17 Mar, 2021, 05:45:57 pm »
I think it will be a while before I get mine, he is 10 years older than me

Judi_bk

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: 18 Mar, 2021, 07:04:47 am »
A neighbour, Hilde, also born 1939 has her appointment at the same time so I am taking them both.  I read somewhere that after the over 870s it is those that are most vulnerable, health workers an carers before us in our 70s

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #18 on: 19 Mar, 2021, 12:39:27 pm »
There were lots of cars in the swimming pool carpark yesterday but no signs of anyone queueing.  That was just before 1pm.
Up this end of the valley vaccinations are being done in the carpark at the swimming pool in Olula.

Judi_bk

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: 19 Mar, 2021, 01:37:56 pm »
It was a bit chaotic to start with as some of the Spanish insisted on getting out of their cars!  when we left at 10.35 they were queuing up the road past the school.  They both had the Moderna vaccine and say they didn't feel a thing.  They were given an appointment for jab 2 in three weeks

jimmymac

« Reply #20 on: 19 Mar, 2021, 03:32:49 pm »
Great Judi, at least we have a start to the long road ahead. Hope the rest of us can continue with the roll out soon. :grin:

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #21 on: 20 Mar, 2021, 10:08:54 am »
I hear that Spain is one of the countries which have/had stopped using the AZ vaccine.  I do not know if they will be reinstating it as some have.  If not, I wonder if this, plus some delay in supply, will delay the roll out of vaccine here in Spain?

roger

« Reply #22 on: 20 Mar, 2021, 10:25:54 am »
Spain starting the AZ vaccine on Wednesday, to give time to inform people.
I assume that this will continue to be for essential workers such as teachers, police and health workers.

A lot of news on UK TV about increase in infections in Europe.
They never mention Spain.
No sign of a rise here.
And all schools in Andalusia have remained open, with a small number of classes being quarantined.
Also now shops and bars can stay open longer.
So apart from restrictions to stay in our province very much back to normal despite a low supply of vaccines.