Author Topic: Snow!  (Read 6286 times)

frankie

• Slimmers group
Snow!
« on: 13 Mar, 2021, 01:10:11 pm »
Looks like I shall need to rent a St Bernard next friday and saturday!!  Looking at my forecast it will be almost wall to wall snow both days.  Guess who has recently planted some small trees?  I will need to cover them plus a lot of other tender plants.  I should have learnt from past experience not to plant anything new until mid May! :cry:

Judi_bk

• Administrator
Re: Snow!
« Reply #1 on: 13 Mar, 2021, 07:02:13 pm »
 :shocked:  AEMET says 5C weds Fri night, 4C Thursday night for Somontín.Cold yes but I think it has to be 3 or lower for snow

shelav

• Slimmers group
« Reply #2 on: 14 Mar, 2021, 08:00:10 am »
I knew we had rain forecast wall to wall Friday and Saturday in Partaloa so I looked again and daytime temperatures are dropping to 7/8° and night time 4/5° so can well believe there will be snow back on the mountains

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #3 on: 14 Mar, 2021, 11:50:36 am »
Phew!  Forecast has changed to 'just' heavy rain for those 2 days. 
I can remember having some snow in early May one year.  It didn't lay but was enough to break one of the fronds from my Washintonian Palm.
I might be sowing my seeds this week after all... :grin:

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #4 on: 14 Mar, 2021, 02:15:48 pm »
Phew!  Forecast has changed to 'just' heavy rain for those 2 days. 
I can remember having some snow in early May one year.  It didn't lay but was enough to break one of the fronds from my Washintonian Palm.
I might be sowing my seeds this week after all... :grin:

Crikey!  Just looked  again and not only is the snow sign back but the temperatures have also dropped to well below 0.  Hard to think that will be the case as I have been working outside this morning and took all my fleeces (3) off!