Author Topic: The Marble Highway Part (insert a number here)  (Read 4547 times)

Drax

The Marble Highway Part (insert a number here)
« on: 24 Mar, 2021, 01:32:41 pm »
Reported today in La Voz.

The Junta received 19 offers for the works of the next section of the Almanzora Highway

Quote from: La Voz
The Ministry of Development, Infrastructure and Land Management has received 19 offers from Temporary Unions of Companies to carry out the works of the last section of the Almanzora Highway (A-334) in the province of Almería, which will connect the La Concepción link with the Autovía del Mediterráneo (A-7).

This action, which has a budget of 33 million euros, will give continuity to the section that is being executed between El Cucador and La Concepción, in addition to giving real meaning to the highway, since it will not only facilitate an exit for the vehicles of the inhabitants of this region, but also to the merchandise traffic of the booming marble sector.

"We only respond to a clamor from Almeria society, which has been waiting since the mid-eighties for an infrastructure of these characteristics, which will truly backbone the marble region and serve as a link with the entire Mediterranean coast," said the Minister of Development , Infrastructures and Spatial Planning, Marifrán Carazo.

The future section between the La Concepción junction (AL-7106) and the A-7 consists of 3.6 kilometers of new road and has an investment of 32.9 million euros that are co-financed with European Feder funds.

Roads with two lanes in each direction of 3.5 meters, a 2.5 meter hard shoulder, a one meter interior shoulder and 1.1 meter berms are planned. The median will be six meters wide. Two new links will be executed, located at the beginning and at the end of the section. The first link will be located at kilometer point 3 + 250 of the new highway and will facilitate access to the new photovoltaic plant and the districts of La Concepción and El Palacés. The second will serve as a connection between the A-334 and the Autovía del Mediterráneo.

In addition, five overpasses are proposed: a 45-meter-long viaduct to cross the Barranco del Muerto, an overpass to replace the Vereda de la Cuesta Blanca and three in the aforementioned link with the A-7. Likewise, an underpass is foreseen in the Rambla de la Ballabona.

This project is in addition to the more than 25.6 million of the section between El Cucador and La Concepción, whose work rate is so good that it is expected to conclude before the end of this year, that is, three months ahead of schedule.

The Junta de Andalucía will allocate this mandate more than 50 million to give the definitive impulse to a highway whose works began 15 years ago and in which only 22 kilometers between Fines and El Cucador have been opened to traffic. The Autovía del Almanzora is configured as the main communication corridor in the Almería marble region.

These two sections of the Almanzora Highway are included in the Andalusia en Marcha Plan , which has the task of mobilizing all possible resources to contribute to the economic recovery in the face of the Covid-19 crisis.

Great news, and indeed that the current extension works are expected to finish 3 months early.  :thumbsup:
« Last Edit: 24 Mar, 2021, 01:35:21 pm by Drax »

Judi_bk

• Administrator
Re: The Marble Highway Part (insert a number here)
« Reply #1 on: 24 Mar, 2021, 02:06:30 pm »
The Booming marble sector
  I think that ship sailed.  Cosentino is probably busy but I see very few marble lorries

Drax

« Reply #2 on: 24 Mar, 2021, 02:35:25 pm »
It will certainly make it quicker to get to Vera, the coast and Almeria Airport though  :tiphat:

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #3 on: 25 Mar, 2021, 02:09:36 pm »
Living up among the Eagles here I do not have many occasions to travel beyond Arboleas and was stunned when I drove to Huercal Overa to get eyes tested a couple of months ago, at how much work had been done and was going on after there.  I do feel very sad for the owners of the very nice white house down on the RHS just before the turn off to Cucador.  I've watched them do such a lot to improve the house and had been very envious.  Not any more as the new highway is just a whisker away from the house.
I was told by a Spanish neighbour that the Fines to Albox section was built with money from Cosentino, as was the Hotel opposite Mercadona in Olula.

Drax

« Reply #4 on: 25 Mar, 2021, 07:49:32 pm »
You are correct Frankie, because of all sorts of money difficulties (irregularities, going bust etc.) the marble firms chucked a few bob into the pot to get work going again, one of the most publicised was the La Alfaquia village by-pass which was becoming responsible for the pictures and tiles rattling off the house walls every time a large wagon drove past.

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #5 on: 27 Mar, 2021, 09:16:25 am »
You couldn't make it up.... :huh: