Author Topic: Vaccination  (Read 14396 times)

Drax

Re: Vaccination
« Reply #15 on: 07 Apr, 2021, 02:14:40 pm »
It must be absolutely wonderful to have a telephone signal and receive these messages.

Do you remember this "half promise" from last year : https://thearboleasforum.com/index.php/topic,1258.0.html
but at least we know the Mayors priority, get his Roman Mine prettied up before thousands of tourists arrive  :crazy:

roger

« Reply #16 on: 07 Apr, 2021, 02:45:16 pm »
Billy
Simple.
Past Lidl on your right.
At the roundabout turn left heading for the hospital.
The sports Hall is on your left.
But the car park is on the right.
If it's anything like olula they will direct you into the car park to queue.
Then direct you to the vaccination point under a tent which I suspect will be in the car park.
Someone will check who you are from his list.
Then you drive forward. Window open.
Upper arm exposed.
Quick jab.
Them send to another queue to wait for 15 minutes before you can leave.

How old are you?
70s or 60s.
Today it was 70s for Pfizer in olula.
It seems to be there every Wednesday.

Judi_bk

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: 07 Apr, 2021, 08:02:19 pm »
Hubby had his first jab almost 2 weeks ago at Albox and was given a card with his appointment for the second jab next Friday.  He was informed of the first jab only by phone not text.
A translator has told friends that Albox will no longer be used because of  the traffic congestion it caused.  I wonder if we will be told where to go?  His was Moderna

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #18 on: 08 Apr, 2021, 04:12:22 pm »
There were Albox/Arboleas people at the Olula vaccine centre yesterday, Judi.
Roger, thanks for saying it was the Pfizer jab there yesterday as I was so gob smacked  a) at how efficient they were and b) that I felt nothing and thought she was still swabbing my arm preparatory to giving the jab, until I saw her walking away, that I forgot to ask which one it was..  I even asked was she terminado!   In fact the whole thing was done and dusted in around 35 minutes, excluding the wait time to see if any of us would have a rickedy turn (there were 3 of us), so possibly 45 in total.  I was well impressed. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Wolfie

« Reply #19 on: 08 Apr, 2021, 06:42:01 pm »
We got there 30 minutes early and left 5 minutes before my actual appointment time, including 15 minutes waiting time afterwards. Didn't feel a thing but must admit my arm wasn't swabbed before the injection, no cotton wool afterwards in case of bleed, which it didn't.  I hardly felt it go in - took less than 2 seconds.

Lmj19

« Reply #20 on: 08 Apr, 2021, 07:05:50 pm »
I’m glad it all went well for people

Drax

« Reply #21 on: 08 Apr, 2021, 08:13:47 pm »
Super news, really happy you've been sorted.

News is that there seems to be some sort of a poster stuck to our bus shelter (sic) in the village, saying to notify Danny so he can let us - us being the people in the wilderness - when we are being called. Not particularly sure how he's going to do this but I'll go see the "news" when out with the dog tomorrow, meantime we still wait (12 years on) for a telephone signal to appear.

Wonderful of them to put up 4 mirador seating areas overlooking the Almanzora valley and Arboleas.. tourists are money as the Sex Pistols said  :dunno: :crazy:

Roscoe

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: 08 Apr, 2021, 09:57:58 pm »
I keep seeing messages on Facebook from ayuntamiento Albox, cantoria that we  need to phone  for an appointment if you have not received an appointment.  I am 1945, not quite sure what to do.  Also heard a rumour Albox is off limits due to traffic congestion!

Lmj19

« Reply #23 on: 08 Apr, 2021, 10:37:16 pm »
I keep seeing messages on Facebook from ayuntamiento Albox, cantoria that we  need to phone  for an appointment if you have not received an appointment.  I am 1945, not quite sure what to do.  Also heard a rumour Albox is off limits due to traffic congestion!

I took someone today born in 1945, yes Albox now not used. It will be Olula del Rio, and Huercal Overa for AZ.

Drax

« Reply #24 on: 15 Apr, 2021, 01:52:21 pm »
Albox is still being used :

Confirmed: Those over 80 will receive their second dose at Albox,
Some have appointments for Thursday April 15 and others for Friday April 16, in order to avoid crowds.

Judi_bk

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: 15 Apr, 2021, 02:32:13 pm »
Thank you Drax

Lmj19

« Reply #26 on: 15 Apr, 2021, 02:41:31 pm »
Yes they changed it on Monday

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #27 on: 15 Apr, 2021, 02:55:13 pm »
Just been notified my second is due on 28th April.
I'm hearing rumours there is a possibility of a booster to be given along with the flu jab in autumn to take into consideration of any variants.  This is from Spanish friend who said it was on TV.  Anyone else heard this?

Lmj19

« Reply #28 on: 15 Apr, 2021, 03:33:13 pm »
Yes Frankie, I’ve heard, hopefully will cover everyone over the winter. Then I guess it will be an annual vaccination

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #29 on: 16 Apr, 2021, 09:19:28 am »
I'd be happy with that as this Covid is not going away.  It'll be like many of my childhood illnesses which were killers until vaccines came along.  How many do we hear getting polio, diptheria, etc now?