Author Topic: Cummings  (Read 4245 times)

roger

Cummings
« on: 27 May, 2021, 11:30:39 am »
The issue is not the motives of Cummings.
It should be focused on what he said.
Most of which has been previously stated by others, and most of which coincides with what everyone have witnessed.

Face the obvious.
The choice between Johnson and Corbyn was pure Monty Python.

Daily we are bombarded with Government Ministers on the media clearly inventing their version of the truth.
The Government seems incapable of facing up to the facts.
Not surprising when it is led by a person who (according to people who have known him for years) has always lived on lies and distortions of the truth.

There are so many problems facing the UK.
Health.
Social care.
Criminal gangs.
Housing.
A dysfunctional trade deal.

But all we get are Government Ministers in denial.

Sad that the UK has come to this when it has a history of producing world leaders in science and culture.

Lmj19

Re: Cummings
« Reply #1 on: 27 May, 2021, 11:37:53 am »
Agreed

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #2 on: 27 May, 2021, 02:28:52 pm »
As you say, Roger, we've probably had our suspicions as to what might be going one but to hear those suspicions being conformed was shocking!  Even taking into consideration that Cummings had his own agenda and it was an opportunity to get his boot into the backsides of the Govt, there was so much which cannot be denied.
It was also refreshing to hear his apology for getting it wrong...
I've yet to hear Hancock's response but I bet he had an uncomfortable night without much sleep as he tried to think of how he could wriggle his way out of the accusations.

Lmj19

« Reply #3 on: 27 May, 2021, 06:51:41 pm »
Cummings needs to provide the evidence, otherwise the incompetent liars will once again get away with it.

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #4 on: 28 May, 2021, 09:39:02 am »
Agreed but even without proof, i think enough has been said to cause lasting damage... 

jimmymac

« Reply #5 on: 28 May, 2021, 05:56:02 pm »
Not a fan of Cummings but essentially a lot of what he said rang true. When Hancock first said on TV that there was a "Protective ring around Care Homes" I thought at the time that that doesn't tally with what the Care Home owners and Managers were saying over PPE problems Then Johnson later came on TV and confirmed the protective ring was in place.
Weeks later it was reported that elderly patients were being discharged from hospitals back to care homes without having a Covid test and the Government denied this, then tens of thousand of elderly patients started dying in the care homes from Covid.
Johnson and Hancock are responsible for the deaths of tens of thousands of people through their incompetence, lies and deceit.
Damn them both. :evil: :angry: 

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #6 on: 30 May, 2021, 01:23:26 pm »
I cannot begin to appreciate how anyone who had lost someone in a care home over the last year and hearing what Cummins was saying last week, must have felt. :cry: :angry: