Author Topic: VACCINATION PROGRESS  (Read 4049 times)

roger

VACCINATION PROGRESS
« on: 21 Jun, 2021, 02:42:17 pm »
VACCINATION PROGRESS

As has been widely publicised in the Spanish media they are currently progressing with vaccinating the 30 and 40 year old citizens.

There are problems in contacting some of these because many have never registered their current phone numbers with the health authority, probably because they have not had much need to use the health service.

They are also carrying out a campaign to vaccinate people in their place of work, such as in Consentino locally.

In Almeria province currently 200,000 people have received the two doses. This approximates to 40% of the adult population.

In Spain 40% of the adult population have received their two doses, and 60% have had at least one dose.
This is below the UK (62% and 86%) but given the later start things are progressing very quickly.

The Delta variant is in Spain and as a result the number of infections are not falling.
In my opinion trying to compare the number of new infections has no value, because it depends on the rate of random testing.
The only relevant issue should be the number of serious cases resulting in hospitalization.
Certainly in Spain this is not causing any problems.

We will all of course see the issues being reported continuously from the UK, unlike in Spain where major national coverage is much less and more balanced.

In my personal opinion the big concern from the UK Government is the threat for the NHS.
BUT the current 4 year waiting list was not caused by COVID.
It’s just that it has made it worse.
I see the UK health problem has 3 causes.
High level of obesity.
Lack of a private system which absorbs a lot of demand in Spain.
Decades of poor investment in the UK NHS combined with the over centralised way it is run.

frankie

• Slimmers group
Re: VACCINATION PROGRESS
« Reply #1 on: 22 Jun, 2021, 09:41:54 am »
Thanks as ever Roger!
I agree 100% with the last paragraph...

cagzok

Re: VACCINATION PROGRESS
« Reply #2 on: 30 Jul, 2021, 05:07:07 pm »
 I agree with that too,but here in Wales my Op was only put off for 18 months.
  Our third Covid vaccination is now going the rounds,a lot earlier than expected.
Wales have upped their game!😊