Author Topic: Vehicle Leasing?  (Read 5135 times)

frankie

• Slimmers group
Vehicle Leasing?
« on: 15 Nov, 2021, 03:39:30 pm »
Has anyone had experience of leasing a car in Spain?  The offers seem almost too good to be true - insurance, road tax, servicing, tyre replacement etc etc.  At the end of the period (24 or 36 months), the option to either buy or lease a new  vehicle...

Judi_bk

• Administrator
Re: Vehicle Leasing?
« Reply #1 on: 16 Nov, 2021, 07:36:43 am »
I have 2 sets of friends who have (one is Elaine and Graham).  Most garages are fussy about age but not the Ford garages in Huercal Overa and Cuavas del Almanzora.  It is a good deal and makes sense when nobody can tell us which fuel we will be allowed to use in 5 years time!  It isn't cheap.  I had a business lease in UK and the option to buy was above list price.  Check it out

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #2 on: 16 Nov, 2021, 09:15:19 am »
Thank you Judi.  It's only something I am considering as my 22 yr old car is starting to need work doing on it despite low mileage...

Lmj19

« Reply #3 on: 16 Nov, 2021, 09:48:03 am »
Frankie, I looked into this a few years ago. A friend decided to do this but he is employed here and can show proof of an income. The downside is you really need to ensure the vehicle is immaculate on return.
I couldn’t get a contract because I technically have no income as we’re living off the sale proceeds from our uk house. I haven’t drawn anything from my Sipp.
Some of the figures I’ve seen are very tempting

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #4 on: 16 Nov, 2021, 01:48:04 pm »
My income is my pensions, I gather my age may be a stumbling block to doing this...
I will need to a lot more research before deciding on anything... 
The idea of a new car, all bills paid (insurance, servicing etc) , no deposit and less than 300 euros per month, has to be a catch....?

Lmj19

« Reply #5 on: 16 Nov, 2021, 02:01:31 pm »
Are you sure about the no deposit? The ones I looked at you had to pay a deposit

Judi_bk

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: 16 Nov, 2021, 02:17:38 pm »
I don't think there was a deposit but not 100% sure.  AS for age, of my two friends one is 73 the other 82 but other dealerships rejected both on age.  Ford however said no problem and both Huercal and Cuevas have English speaking staff

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #7 on: 16 Nov, 2021, 04:43:40 pm »
Definitely no deposit on the ones I looked at.
I don't particularly want a Ford and would prefer another Seat.  I will see what they are offering though....

Lmj19

« Reply #8 on: 16 Nov, 2021, 05:15:57 pm »
Definitely no deposit on the ones I looked at.
I don't particularly want a Ford and would prefer another Seat.  I will see what they are offering though....

I’ve looked at the original paperwork, a deposit of €2357, but the  monthly lease was €97. Swings and roundabouts

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #9 on: 17 Nov, 2021, 11:20:50 am »
There is a lot more investigation before I make any decision.  I think my old Seat will pass the ITV in February and that would be the time to possibly change...