• Administrator
Re: Sand
« Reply #1 on: 23 Mar, 2022, 08:40:16 am »
The rain in La Perla is clean up to now

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #2 on: 23 Mar, 2022, 12:32:50 pm »
The warning is out for more of the Sahara stuff as it is coming up from that direction.  Even UK has been giving out this warning and they have brilliant warm, sunny conditions...

I've just checked my weather for the coming week and there is no let up in this rain, with some days having heavy rain.  I suppose we have had a wet spring like this one but I cannot remember when, unless it was the spring I moved over - 2004?  The furniture van got stuck in the mud and the men had to stay the night....

Judi_bk

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: 24 Mar, 2022, 07:41:06 am »
We came over February 2004 to choose tiles etc and it rained all week

jimmymac

« Reply #4 on: 24 Mar, 2022, 04:59:02 pm »
We came over in 2003 and yes Spring 2004 was bad but this year is far worse with forecast for next week showing more rain yet still to come! Who mentioned drought. :cry:

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #5 on: 25 Mar, 2022, 02:33:26 pm »
I belong to a gardening in Spain online group.  I posted on wednesday that I'd had enough and was staggered at the amount of responses I have had.  Nearly three quarters berating me as if I'd said the moon was made of green cheese.  Yes, we need Rain, yes I'd been saying we wanted rain but just not all at once...  Parts of my garden are under water and will take ages to dry out and yes, I'll be complaining it's too dry when it does...  It's what I was put on this planet for - to complain... :wink:

jimmymac

« Reply #6 on: 25 Mar, 2022, 04:16:28 pm »
I belong to a gardening in Spain online group.  I posted on wednesday that I'd had enough and was staggered at the amount of responses I have had.  Nearly three quarters berating me as if I'd said the moon was made of green cheese.  Yes, we need Rain, yes I'd been saying we wanted rain but just not all at once...  Parts of my garden are under water and will take ages to dry out and yes, I'll be complaining it's too dry when it does...  It's what I was put on this planet for - to complain... :wink:
Like most of us Frankie, we feel the need to complain about the weather, especially as having left UK for a better climate, to end up sitting in the house watching the rain pee down. Still this has been the most wet 2 weeks in the last 19 years that I can remember. Anyway, looking forward to a nice sunny summer then we can complain about the heat. :grin:

Judi_bk

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: 25 Mar, 2022, 05:42:19 pm »
The Spanish are complaining just as much.  Lola at the chemist told me the Spanish like rain and often wish for it but not for three weeks!!

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #8 on: 28 Mar, 2022, 10:09:29 am »
I've been here 18 years next month.  The year I moved here to a rented house was a wet one.  The furniture van which arrived a day before me, got stuck in mud at Piedra Amarillo and the men had to sleep the night in the house until they were able to get out next morning.  Having said that it was heavy, it lasted just about a week, not over 3 weeks... :rain: :rain: :rain:
PS, I did see a bit of blue sky briefly last evening....

Judi_bk

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: 28 Mar, 2022, 11:23:02 am »
We have someone clearing out our guttering which was visibly not doing its job.  The downpipes were blocked solid with mud

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #10 on: 28 Mar, 2022, 12:24:06 pm »
I managed to have mine flushed out a couple of months ago...   I wouldn't be surprised if they need doing again, judging by what was coming out of my overflow from the rain barrels.

Drax

« Reply #11 on: 29 Mar, 2022, 08:48:36 pm »
I'm looking forward to the faces on our neighbours (mostly Belgian) that won't take heed of advice there's more to come tomorrow and continually run around every dry hour with their power washers. Still they've only been here a couple of months so think they know it all  :crazy: :rofl: who's to argue?

roger

« Reply #12 on: 30 Mar, 2022, 10:41:19 am »
End of the week a cold spell is coming.
Storms and high waves at sea and sub zero temperatures.

jimmymac

« Reply #13 on: 30 Mar, 2022, 04:52:10 pm »
Thanks Roger, something else to look forward to!  :grin: :grin:

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #14 on: 01 Apr, 2022, 05:25:25 pm »
I was in Granada yesterday and drove through snow to get there.  Temperature in the car was giving a reading of just 2.5C .  I was so relieved to be back home where it ws a balmy 6C.