Author Topic: Aggresive wasps?  (Read 4024 times)

frankie

• Slimmers group
Aggresive wasps?
« on: 26 Jul, 2022, 06:38:49 pm »
Has anyone else found the wasps are attacking without provocation this year?  I've been stung several times in the last few weeks and I always react badly to them...  This morning I was stung on the back of my heel and now have a swollen foot.  I've been taking the antihistamine tabs and using the steroid cream prescribed by Urgencia last time, so hoping it will not puff up much more.... :angry:

shelav

• Slimmers group
Re: Aggresive wasps?
« Reply #1 on: 27 Jul, 2022, 11:19:51 am »
What I have noticed is there are more than we usually get and lots are flying around a couple of inches off the ground, I was attacked the other day and had several stings to both heels - fortunately I am not allergic, but I have never in previous years seen them flying so low.  It doesn't seem to matter what surface it is they are still close to the ground.

frankie

• Slimmers group
Re: Aggresive wasps?
« Reply #2 on: 27 Jul, 2022, 01:55:34 pm »
The latest one on my heel may have been on the hose which trailed on the ground and it may have dropped in between my heel and sandal strap as i dragged it along with me..  Previous ones were around the same area, so there might be a nest, so I'd better have a (careful look).