Author Topic: God Save the King  (Read 4771 times)

Drax

God Save the King
« on: 08 Sep, 2022, 08:17:52 pm »
We will all miss Liz the 2nd  :cry:

Roscoe

• Administrator
Re: God Save the King
« Reply #1 on: 08 Sep, 2022, 08:55:06 pm »
Certainly do.  I was 8 when she became our monarch so have grown up with her.  A woman of integrity, humility, honesty and a much loved servant of the people.  RIP Queen Elizabeth II, you will be missed. :cry:

Ollie

« Reply #2 on: 09 Sep, 2022, 08:29:29 am »
She’s been there all my life.
Feels like losing another Mother.
So sad.

Drax

« Reply #3 on: 12 Sep, 2022, 04:13:37 pm »
Love them or hate them, you can't deny the Brits do wonderful ceremonies and pageantry at times like these  :thumbsup:
So choregraphed and time perfect, splendid horses, well polished uniforms and procedures.
Also happy it was a fine day for todays march through Edinburgh.  :tiphat:

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #4 on: 14 Sep, 2022, 05:01:49 pm »
i was on line with my son in Uk when he suddenly sent me a copy of the notice pinned to the gate of Buck House.  I thought he was winding me up as we'd just been discussing the fact of how frail she'd looked just 2 days previous.  Obviously he wasn't.
I can remember the old King dying and how upset and surprised my parents had been, even though I was only 6 or 7.  They explained who he was and why it was so important. 
My next recollection was of being sat with several other kids on the floor, parents sat in a collection of chairs brought with them, in front of the only TV in the street. Curtains were drawn and we sat watching in speckly B&W, the whole Coronation.  We were fed sandwiches and lemonade to keep us quiet, which we were as we knew we'd be in serious trouble if we weren't.
I look back to that time and to the many, many things which have happened in the World since then and know there will never be her like again... 

Roscoe

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: 14 Sep, 2022, 09:31:45 pm »
I found today very emotional, so Monday will be worse.  So very very sad, especially as I was brought up in the Queen's reign.  No disrespect to the King, but there will never be another like her. 

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #6 on: 16 Sep, 2022, 01:44:25 pm »
So far, I think the new King has been doing a good job, especially in view of his timetable this week and his age.  He is working hard to ensure people get to see him and must be a real headache to his security team as I do not think he's sticking to the time allocated for each event!

Wolfie

« Reply #7 on: 16 Sep, 2022, 02:26:17 pm »
Camilla has been showing her strength too, all that walking with a broken toe can't have been easy for her.

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #8 on: 16 Sep, 2022, 06:57:55 pm »
She has a broken toe?  When did that happen?

Wolfie

« Reply #9 on: 17 Sep, 2022, 08:18:48 am »
Just before the queen died I believe but she doesn't want to say much more because she said that the queen should be getting all the attention, not people feeling sorry for her.

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #10 on: 17 Sep, 2022, 08:59:46 am »
I do have to admit, she is growing on me - just a bit though...  I did like the way she moved Charles on when he was taking too much time talking to crowds..