Author Topic: Ants  (Read 5074 times)

frankie

• Slimmers group
Ants
« on: 08 May, 2023, 01:21:21 pm »
I have been finding the tiniest ants in and around the cat's biscuit bowl.  Obviuously I cannot spray with Maton or put Nippon powder down.  Does anyone have any suggestions what I can do?   I'm throwing away biscuits as the dish is full of these ants but they are so tiny, they are almost invisible.  They are nothing like other ants I've had in my kitchen previously and there is no way I can even see where they are coming from. :sad:

Judi_bk

• Administrator
Re: Ants
« Reply #1 on: 08 May, 2023, 03:36:30 pm »
I had the same problem.  I got some bowls on metal stands.  In the summer I put them in a plant pot saucer with water in it.  That works 100%

Wolfie

« Reply #2 on: 08 May, 2023, 06:26:44 pm »
Yes, we've been having them for a couple of weeks now but I've found where they're coming from (underneath the side of the kitchen sink) and sprayed - not seen any since.  I had to use Maton though which didn't work last year!  Some people use the plastic traps you can get in Mercadona, but my ants ignored them.

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #3 on: 09 May, 2023, 01:45:35 pm »
Many thanks Both.  Judi where did you buy that bowl?  It might just  work unless one of the Terrorists decide to try and sit in it or drink the water.
Wolfie, I've used Maton outside the house and spray all around window nd door frames, which works.  However, these are realky tiny and I have no idea where they  are coming from.  I also use the green traps from Mercadona and put them behind all the kickboards in the kitchen but it hasn't deterred them.  The Cats bowls are now on top of the worktop, so no signs of these pesky ants this morning.

Wolfie

« Reply #4 on: 09 May, 2023, 06:55:25 pm »
The only way I knew where they were coming from was a couple appeared from the side of the sink whilst I was standing there and then quickly disappeared when I made a move to irradicate them.

Judi_bk

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: 10 May, 2023, 03:55:39 pm »
On the internet amazon.es

JessicaH

« Reply #6 on: 12 May, 2023, 08:43:43 pm »
Bought metal stands from garden centre.

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #7 on: 13 May, 2023, 11:07:01 am »
Which grden centre, JessicaH?

JessicaH

« Reply #8 on: 13 May, 2023, 08:47:21 pm »
Got me there, Frankie
Purchased plants from garden centres via Albox to Vera and Lorca.
It was a long time ago and it was to put the food dish of a big dog
However these metal tripod stands are sold to put plants in so am sure most GC's will have them.
Will try and sent a photo of the one we still have.

JessicaH

« Reply #9 on: 13 May, 2023, 09:08:56 pm »
Tried and faile, Frankie. . Although I have reduced size it still says file to big.
Pm me. We will exchange facebook details and I will send that way.

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #10 on: 14 May, 2023, 05:00:00 pm »
Not to worry, Jessica, thanks for trying.  Judi bought hers from Amazon, so I will look there.  I had hoped to buy locally but replacing the ant traps from Mercadona with new ones seem to have worked as I have not seen the little blighters since then. :wink