Author Topic: Arboleas Elections  (Read 4295 times)

roger

Arboleas Elections
« on: 18 May, 2023, 12:04:30 pm »
COUNCIL ELECTIONS                                                           SUNDAY 28th MAY

Jose Juan Ramos asking for your support as PP candidate for Mayor

He has served locally for many years as a health professional and has the trust and respect of our Spanish neighbours.
He promises to bring transparency and accountability to the Town Hall of Arboleas.
The current Mayor has held power for a total of 34 years.
We now need to open the books and give people the chance to be heard.

Especially we must end the disgrace where 300 British pensioner families are continuing to live in illegal houses.  The present Mayor promised to solve this problem.
In fact he has not legalized a single house in the past 12 years.
INSTEAD HE HAS MADE THE SITUATION WORSE.
He has publicly stated that the owners must pay the taxes which the builders should have paid.  In total around 10,000 euros.
THIS IS A DISGRACE AND TOTALLY UNJUST.
Even if you do not have an illegal house this is your only chance to help our neighbours, who discovered that their homes are illegal after they moved in.
They have been waiting for 20 years for justice. This election is their last chance to get it.

Jose has the support of the PP Government in Almeria and Seville.
They have given their support to help him fulfill his election promises.

He will establish a Pensioners Day Centre, a Social Centre available for the local community, and he will build an indoor sports centre for a wide range of activities.
He will improve the Health Service locally, providing help for people with special needs in our town with an aging population.

Jose will NOT take his Mayoral salary of 45,000 euros a year. Instead it will be paid into a local charity to help the people of Arboleas.

A MESSAGE FROM JOSE JUAN
Our aim is to treat people judiciously, and govern for everyone without focusing on ideology --- but on people.
The future of Arboleas deserves a chance of a real change, with transparency, honesty and approachability.                       Arboleas for Everyone

From Roger Done

Drax

Re: Arboleas Elections
« Reply #1 on: 29 May, 2023, 11:57:38 am »
Congrats to the PP for a great campaign and a close result.  It was however exactly as I predicted 5-4-2.

I hope that in the coming days of horsetrading that Pepe and Pepa can sort out a mutual strategy.

Great shame Roger that you didn't put your name on the list even if it was down at #10 or 11. People still remember what you have done to help the town.

UCIN visited us whilst out. Left a brochure in English and the envelopes at the gate.

PP turned up next,  Pepe and another on the list.  Introduced himself and had a chat.  Left the English brochure and envelopes.

Then Danny,  Alan and a young Spanish guy arrived for the PSOE.  Again we chatted about local issues which they blamed on someone else,  gave me the envelopes and a pen, cigarette lighter and a brochure in Belgian.  I don't need pens,  don't smoke or speak Belgian

The leaflet was glossy so not even fit for....,  well we usually have Andrex 🤣.

Then they wonder why people are fed up of them 🙄

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #2 on: 30 May, 2023, 05:17:37 pm »
Oh, my goodness, you could be describing the same candiates who rang my bell, except I was given a keyfob along with the pen and lighter.  Mine went the same way as I suspect yours did, Drax!  To b honest, I had no idea when he rang the bell who he was and mistook him for thr pumber i'd been expecting...

Drax

« Reply #3 on: 26 Jun, 2023, 10:23:29 am »
Cristobal has given his resignation speech as mayor having conceded to Pepe and Pepa but will continue to work on behalf of the people of Arboleas in opposition.

Congrats to the PP/UCIN coalition.  :thumbsup: