Author Topic: BBC TV  (Read 4434 times)

frankie

• Slimmers group
BBC TV
« on: 20 Jun, 2023, 01:44:40 pm »
For a few days now, I hve been getting a message on BBC telling me they are changing to HD and giving instructions how to change.  Is anyone else getting this and what have they done about it?  Presumably we are not technically entitled to view any UK TV?

Judi_bk

• Administrator
Re: BBC TV
« Reply #1 on: 20 Jun, 2023, 02:49:38 pm »
You should be OK if you are on an internet based system

Drax

« Reply #2 on: 26 Jun, 2023, 10:20:15 am »
Presumably though HD will take a lot more bandwidth than an ordinary black and white telly so if you find it is buffering all the time check the speed of your connection.

On a normal Spanish terrestrial antenna there is a massive difference between their channel signal strengths, LA1 and LA1 HD, Antenna3 and Antenna3 HD for instance. A mast head amplifier is usually recommended in this area.

So it's one of those "play it by ear" situations at the moment but you may need a faster connection if the quality drops below expectations.

:tiphat:

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #3 on: 28 Jun, 2023, 02:03:51 pm »
I moved from Next Communication a month ago, changing to Telplay, as the reception via Next to my TV was far less than satisfactory. DEspite many complaints to them to do something about it, I was ignored. The differencet is amazing and I just wish I had done it earlier but had no idea there was any other provider up this end of the  Valley.  I am getting a message to say that BBC was changing to HD every half hour or so...Having spoken to Telplay about this message, they assure me there is no need  to be concerned as I  will not be affected by this...  I wait to see...

One week on....Still happening but have discovered I can view BBC on a different channel, so instaed of 101, I can view without the annoying message on channel 901.  So, anyone experiencing same thing, try the other channel...
« Last Edit: 08 Jul, 2023, 11:22:25 am by frankie »