Author Topic: Losing it???  (Read 5019 times)

frankie

• Slimmers group
Losing it???
« on: 18 Mar, 2024, 10:20:48 am »
Last friday I went to Harrisons and asked for mince pies.  I was greeted with surprised expresions from the staff, as they asked did I really want  mince pies
Yes, is it too early or had they sold out already. No, too early.  It was only as I was leaving, that I remembered I wanted hot X buns.
Derr!   :rolleyes:
Is it just me who's losing tthe plot?   I once tried to put the kettle in the fridge as I wanted a coffee.  Couldnt undrstand why it wouldn't fit then realised it was electric.
I frequently go into a room to get somethig then forget what it was I wanted.  Had to go back where I was before it comes to me...
Hey ho!!  :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:

Wolfie

Re: Losing it???
« Reply #1 on: 19 Mar, 2024, 06:04:07 am »
Yes, almost every day I find myself doing stupid things but have to accept that it's not going to get any better so I just smile and hope for better next time.  Yesterday I was cooking something on the hob and making a cup of tea at the same time - the cooking oil went into the mug of tea and the milk into the pan!  Oh well, could have been different if I dared to try it.

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #2 on: 19 Mar, 2024, 01:35:45 pm »
Thanks Wolfie, so glad I'm not alone...  Good job we can laugh about it, eh? :laugh:

Judi_bk

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: 19 Mar, 2024, 03:06:05 pm »
I spend most of my time looking for something I put down two minutes before

Drax

« Reply #4 on: 19 Mar, 2024, 07:15:11 pm »
I frequently go into a room to get somethig then forget what it was I wanted.  Had to go back where I was before it comes to me...
That's "going through a door" syndrome, I get it a lot, wonder why I'm in this room for something, then realise I'm in the wrong room for whatever I wanted.  :rofl:

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #5 on: 24 Mar, 2024, 06:22:28 pm »
Another new experience which I remember my mother telling me about is 'latchkey incontinence.'  No sooner do I get out of my car and make towards my gate, than I suddenly need the loo...
I wonder what the next thing will be?

Judi_bk

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: 24 Mar, 2024, 07:14:34 pm »
And the need to go to the loo immediately before you leave the house even if you only went 5 minutes ago

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #7 on: 25 Mar, 2024, 02:09:39 pm »
That's one I have yet to encounter Judi! :undecided: :undecided: