Author Topic: Boris  (Read 12732 times)

frankie

• Slimmers group
Re: Boris
« Reply #15 on: 23 Jul, 2019, 01:59:56 pm »
So, it is now confirmed, we have Boris as PM. Not totally unexpected but certainly not welcome.... :cry:

Judi_bk

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: 23 Jul, 2019, 02:08:04 pm »
Neither would be my choice.  I suppose Boris will be more amusing /embarrassing

Drax

« Reply #17 on: 23 Jul, 2019, 02:42:57 pm »
Boris is marmite.

A commentator on the news just mentioned his enthusiasm, commitment and ability to put a smile on peoples faces... maybe they were just laughing at and not with him  :whistle:

He was also recently compared to Heineken... able to refresh the places others can't  :dunno:

Time and the history books will tell, not a single thing we can do about it, vivimos en españa: stay cool  :thumbsup:

jimmymac

« Reply #18 on: 23 Jul, 2019, 04:55:26 pm »
Tomorrow Boris will be PM. Just have to accept that though I personally have little faith in what he will achieve it could be an interesting next 3 months till the end of October when "Do or Die"  the UK will leave the EU. His words not mine!
Be Prepared..... :laugh:

AnnieM

« Reply #19 on: 23 Jul, 2019, 05:14:25 pm »
According to The Independent, the EU have said again today that they will not re-negotiate.

knowall

« Reply #20 on: 23 Jul, 2019, 07:47:53 pm »
From the candidates, Boris would not have been my first choice.
However, for all his faults, Boris has more charisma in his little finger than Theresa May had in her whole body.
It'll give Ian Blackford something else to carp about.

AnnieM

« Reply #21 on: 23 Jul, 2019, 08:28:37 pm »
Absolutely everyone has more charisma than the Maybot! 🙄

Raymondo

« Reply #22 on: 23 Jul, 2019, 08:30:56 pm »
Charisma wont run the country or get it out of the chaos that Boris and others have caused. The man is a proven liar both in Politics and in his private life.
The chairman of a leading bank yesterday said he wouldent give him a  job.  .  Says it all .
The UK is a basket case unless they  agree on some sort of deal  and stop pandering to the DUP and if necessary cut NI adrift .
Let the backstop apply to NI only and  then the deal May and team negotiated will be passed in Parlliment.
Job done. ??   Maybe !!

Marcus

« Reply #23 on: 24 Jul, 2019, 12:24:29 pm »
His first big electoral test comes next week.The Conservatives, propped up in power by Northern Ireland’s Democratic Unionist Party, have a working majority of just two.Even that very slim advantage is set to be eroded further on Thursday, August 1, with a crunch by-election in mid-Wales.The rural constituency of Brecon and Radnorshire is up for grabs after the sitting Tory MP Chris Davies was ousted by a recall petition following his criminal conviction for fiddling his parliamentary expenses.Inexplicably - given the embarrassment, chaos and jeopardy he brought on his party - he has been chosen again to fight the seat.The Conservatives have a 8,038 majority.But Remainer parties have rallied behind the candidate with the best chance of winning - Lib Dem Jane Dodds - so they do not split the vote.Consequently, the Lib Dems are tipped to triumph and reclaim the constituency they held until 2015 - inflicting an early wound on the new PM.

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #24 on: 24 Jul, 2019, 07:37:03 pm »
Raymondo, NI will never agree to being any more detached from mainland UK than it is already.  Too much blood has been spilt in getting where it is.  The unfortunate thing is there is no devolved Govt over there and no business has been conducted in Stormont for several years.

Raymondo

« Reply #25 on: 25 Jul, 2019, 01:14:33 pm »
Bozo says he will make the UK the greatest nation on Earth.  Trump said he will make America great again.
Everything is going to be great !!!
Bozo cant say how he will do it but of course we will trust him.  ???
First question he has to answer is " how will the chicken cross the Border in Ireland  after Brexit " 
😴😴

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #26 on: 25 Jul, 2019, 07:07:11 pm »
Watching PMQ's today, he slipped and slithered past virtually every direct question.   Specifically when asked HOW he proposed to finance all these major projects he has promised. :huh:

Drax

« Reply #27 on: 26 Jul, 2019, 01:34:53 pm »
Bozo says he will make the UK the greatest nation on Earth.  Trump said he will make America great again.
Everything is going to be great !!!
Bozo cant say how he will do it but of course we will trust him.  ???
First question he has to answer is " how will the chicken cross the Border in Ireland  after Brexit " 
😴😴
Second question Ray: are you from Great Britain or Ireland (Republic of)?

Raymondo

« Reply #28 on: 26 Jul, 2019, 01:59:27 pm »
Drax.Drax ??? The border is really important to me and should be for all to preserve the peace that took so long to achieve.
Not sure where i come from affects my comment on Boris and his comedy show.
Nobody wants to see borders being manned by soldiers again and the repercussions of that .
You know well where i hail from but you have criticised  so many of my posts including the one on Josef Locke and Condrey and others.
Is it just an anti Irish thing or is just your way of posting ??
Have a beer in Albox and relax.
Happy grandad day.🍻🍻

Drax

« Reply #29 on: 26 Jul, 2019, 02:08:18 pm »
No, Just wondering why you always seem to have a downer on all things political in the UK when you don't or maybe never have had a vote to influence.
Perhaps you do or don't??

and the Irish border is something they will figure out.. I already mentioned my ideas in the past about this.

It's very rare I have a beer in Albox but if you've left a couple of euros behind the bar for me I'll drink your health  :grin: