Author Topic: Albox cinema  (Read 23112 times)

Drax

Re: Albox cinema
« Reply #30 on: 01 Feb, 2020, 07:45:16 am »
On Monday 10th February is JoJo Rabbit, a World War II satire about a lonely little German boy. Showing at 7pm in English

[attachment[/attachment]

Drax

« Reply #31 on: 16 Feb, 2020, 07:11:19 am »
17th February: This week the cinema is showing Adú - it doesn't seem to have an English version advertised.

[attachment[/attachment]
« Last Edit: 16 Feb, 2020, 07:32:47 am by Drax »

Drax

« Reply #32 on: 16 Feb, 2020, 07:20:16 am »
Monday 24th February : Next on the list is Hasta que la boda nos separe (until the wedding separates us.) Again there does not seem to be an English version showing.

[attachment[/attachment]

Drax

« Reply #33 on: 16 Feb, 2020, 07:29:57 am »
For your diary: The South Korean film "Parasite" is showing from 27th February to 4th March.

Among its numerous accolades, Parasite received six nominations at the 92nd Academy Awards, winning Oscars for Best Picture, Best Director for Bong, Best Original Screenplay and Best International Feature Film. It became the first South Korean film to receive Academy Award recognition, as well as the first non-English-language film to win Best Picture.

It also won the Golden Globe Award for Best Foreign Language Film, the BAFTA Award for Best Film Not in the English Language, and became the first non-English-language film to win the Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture.

Exact times to follow when the poster is available.

Drax

« Reply #34 on: 27 Feb, 2020, 09:18:12 pm »
Times for Parasite on the attached poster..

[attachment[/attachment]

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #35 on: 28 Feb, 2020, 07:07:39 pm »
They really do show up to the minute film releases! WOW! 

Drax

« Reply #36 on: 06 Mar, 2020, 06:37:52 am »
This week, after Parasites, it's a kiddy - all the family - film : Sonic the Hedgehog (2020)
Showing on Monday at 6pm in English.

[attachment[/attachment]

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #37 on: 06 Mar, 2020, 09:23:52 am »
Mark Kermode  the BBC film reviewer was really taken by this film and said he laughed all through it.  Anyone who has seen his crits will know he is not one to laugh at anything, so it must be good....
« Last Edit: 07 Mar, 2020, 02:16:44 pm by frankie »

Drax

« Reply #38 on: 06 Mar, 2020, 11:05:36 am »
The review by Mark Kermode is here:

Wolfie

« Reply #39 on: 06 Mar, 2020, 02:12:31 pm »
After watching Mark Kermode reviewing films of the week, I've now realised that his recommended films should be avoided like the plague.  One in twenty might just about be OK but the majority are dreadful.

Judi_bk

• Administrator
« Reply #40 on: 06 Mar, 2020, 02:15:41 pm »
I just love his voice and always listen to his review on the radio.  I never was much of a film fan, haven't been to the cinema for at least 20 years

Yep just checked Sunday Bloody Sunday 1971.  Put me off.  Glenda Jackson and one of the foxes and a dog died

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #41 on: 07 Mar, 2020, 02:21:40 pm »
That even beats me Judi!  My last cinema visit was for Schindler's List which was in B&W apart from fleeting glimpses of a little girl in a red coat.  The only film I've seen where the audience sat at the end for at least a minute before applauding!
I read somewhere that Glenda has given up politics and is now making another film!!!!

Judi_bk

• Administrator
« Reply #42 on: 07 Mar, 2020, 03:48:02 pm »
She is on the radio a lot

Drax

« Reply #43 on: 15 Mar, 2020, 07:30:48 am »
Not unsurprisingly there is no cine this week, instead a notice:

Lamentándolo mucho, las sesiones programadas para los próximos de días quedan SUSPENDIDAS hasta nuevo aviso.

Dentro de las medidas que el Ayuntamiento de Albox ha tomado para evitar la propagación del CORONAVIRUS se ha incluido el cierre del cine hasta una fecha sin concretar.

Rogamos disculpen las molestias y que pronto podamos volver a la normalidad.

Gracias.

Very sorry, sessions scheduled for the next few days are suspended until further notice.

Within the measures Albox City Council has taken to prevent the spread of CORONAVIRUS, the closure of cinema has been included until an unspecified date.

Please excuse the inconvenience and soon we can return to normal.

Thank you.