Author Topic: Electrician  (Read 9359 times)

frankie

• Slimmers group
Re: Electrician
« Reply #15 on: 21 Aug, 2019, 02:28:27 pm »
Oh, dear!  It appears I worked illegally when I first moved here and changed all my UK plugs to Spanish ones and I've been changing light bulbs as well.  I wonder if it is possible to obtain a retrospective certificate or will I need to go into hiding?  :shocked:

Raymondo

« Reply #16 on: 21 Aug, 2019, 02:43:38 pm »
You can join me Frankie, im hiding out in the shed in case Maria Louise arrives with her handcuffs. !!
Although I wouldent mind too much being handcuffed to her .!!👫
In the interest of law and order of course.
Ill let you know how my course in light bulb changing goes if in not in the caboose. ⚡⚡

Doreen

« Reply #17 on: 21 Aug, 2019, 02:48:34 pm »
I have baked a cake with a file in it for you jailbirds. It's a nail file though so it might take you a while to escape 😱

AnnieM

« Reply #18 on: 21 Aug, 2019, 03:22:37 pm »
What are you all like?  :cheesy: :cheesy:

jimmymac

« Reply #19 on: 21 Aug, 2019, 05:37:57 pm »
Be interested to know what certificate you need to change a mains plug as I have an HNC in Electrical and Electronic Engineering 1975, but it never covered changing plugs. No use as an electrician either so sorry Annie! :laugh: :laugh:

Raymondo

« Reply #20 on: 21 Aug, 2019, 05:44:28 pm »
Im sure Drax who posted this last week in reply to Annies simple question looking for an electrician locally  will  happily
Explain which EU law applies and where and how to get said Certificate ??

(  But how can we recommend you an "electrician" if it's a big or small job.. and YOU aren't allowed to change plugs under EU law unless you have a "certificate", like those gas guys can't service your boiler without one either..)
« Last Edit: 21 Aug, 2019, 05:50:58 pm by Raymondo »

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #21 on: 21 Aug, 2019, 07:32:40 pm »
I suspect these rules may be flouted by almost everyone, specially in smaller towns and villages.  I honestly cannot see any of the local Spanish up here taking a blind bit of notice of what they consider to be silly rules.