Author Topic: Athena  (Read 4285 times)

Raymondo

Athena
« on: 10 Sep, 2019, 04:54:49 pm »
Nice  tongue in cheek comment from the Irish PM offering to be Boris's Athena ( The Greek  Godess of war and wisdom ) to help him out of his mess.
That should be a great help to Boris.
Then they had him sign the visitors book underneath a portrait of Michael Collins  the countries main figure in the fight for Independence.
Cheeky lot them Paddys. 😁☘️

https://inews.co.uk/news/brexit/athena-why-leo-varadkar-mocked-boris-johnson-over-brexit-with-the-ancient-greek-goddess/

jimmymac

Re: Athena
« Reply #1 on: 10 Sep, 2019, 05:09:42 pm »
Thought it was great Raymondo especially Leo's statesman like performance compared to bumbling Bojo the lying clown. How anyone could believe in him is way beyond me, Leo certainly doesn't... :laugh:

rt21

• Slimmers group
« Reply #2 on: 10 Sep, 2019, 06:52:29 pm »
One thing that has puzzled me for some time is how the people of America, notwithstanding that he lost the popular vote, could elect someone like Trump to be their president.

And now after listening to the reasons given by my many friends, who intend to vote for Johnson, I understand why someone like Trump was elected.

The only comforting thought about Johnson as Prime Minister after the next election is that the more he is exposed to public scrutiny the less likely he is to remain in office.

:tiphat:

Richard

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #3 on: 10 Sep, 2019, 07:06:00 pm »
There does seem to be a certain faction who believe the sun shines out of his rear end, no matter what he does.  He plays to this audience who do not appear to be able to see what he's doing, so I wonder if he might be voted in if there is another election....
The above applies equally to both Trump and Boris.  No wonder there seems to be a love story playing out between the 2 of them.