Author Topic: Hay fever  (Read 6413 times)

rt21

• Slimmers group
Hay fever
« on: 15 May, 2019, 10:05:33 pm »
Does anyone have any good remedies for hay fever apart from staying indoors all day.

I am taking hay fever tablets and also wearing a face mask every day when working in my garden. But alas my nose is continually bunged up and I feel like rubbing and scratching my eyes out.

Strangely enough I don't suffer from hay fever in the UK.

Ta

Richard

AnnieM

Re: Hay fever
« Reply #1 on: 15 May, 2019, 10:08:46 pm »
Strangely enough, I
had terrible hay fever in the UK, but not in Spain!

rt21

• Slimmers group
« Reply #2 on: 15 May, 2019, 10:16:22 pm »
I guess our immune system gets accustomed to the environment we live in Annie.

Having said that I have never experienced this level of hay fever before in Spain. It's very unpleasant and debillitating.

Richard

Judi_bk

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: 16 May, 2019, 07:52:31 am »
Different types of pollen.  The very fine pollen from thecolve trees affects me

Raymondo

« Reply #4 on: 16 May, 2019, 08:19:16 am »
Piriton tablets  if you can get them here

Clare Shirley

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: 16 May, 2019, 10:48:58 am »
Im suffering dreadfully and so is the rest of my family including the dogs

Shower upon entering your home
wet mop a lot
you can purchase antipollen nets for your windows and doors
They say eating locally produced honey can help but it doesnt work in our house.

Im offically allergic to Olive tree pollen, cats and timothy grass and mites was tested last month

ITS OLIVE TREE POLLEN SEASON

rt21

• Slimmers group
« Reply #6 on: 16 May, 2019, 02:32:34 pm »
Thank you for all your replies and suggestions.

It's reassuring in some ways to know that I am not the only one suffering from hay fever. I was beginning to think it was just me!

Yesterday my mate in the UK gave me an Aussie remedy for itchy eyes and so far it seems to work

It involves putting a very cold compress over your eyelids. I dampened a tissue and put it into  the freezer for 30 minutes That acted as  the compress.

:tiphat:

Richard

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #7 on: 16 May, 2019, 05:03:38 pm »
It isn't just olive trees which are shedding.  Te wild flowers have been on the go for what seems like several months and there also seems to be loads of grasses this year here in the campo.
I was never plagued by hay fever in UK and it only started when I moved here.  It is the almond blossom I am allergic to.  I was advised to buy the local honey from our bakery in the village and have a teaspoon every day (365 days a year).   I'm one of the lucky ones as it does work for me.  I suppose if you are allergic to several things it may not work so well

Clare Shirley

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: 16 May, 2019, 05:31:44 pm »
I've got a fab spray at work that helps itchy eyes, it lives in the fridge at home to soothe irritated eyes, there's ib the car, Lauren takes one to school and there's one in my handbag

its called zero

rt21

• Slimmers group
« Reply #9 on: 16 May, 2019, 08:53:00 pm »
 Thanks Clare for the information. I shall buy one of those sprays tomorrow which I presume are available in farmacias.

I did try to buy some eye drops earlier this evening in the local farmacia. However, when the chemist looked at my eyes he told me I had conjunctivitus and prescribed some special drops for me.

I seem to be in the wars on this trip

:tiphat:

Richard