Author Topic: Oh Boris....time to go and take your annual salary  (Read 13651 times)

frankie

• Slimmers group
Re: Oh Boris....time to go and take your annual salary
« Reply #15 on: 05 Oct, 2019, 09:33:04 am »
I know I've posted this before but I truly think we are living on the brink of very scary times...

rt21

• Slimmers group
« Reply #16 on: 06 Oct, 2019, 12:09:41 pm »
I know I've posted this before but I truly think we are living on the brink of very scary times...

It may be scary times for you Frankie but many people in the UK are still taken in by BoJo and his lies. They cannot see further than Brexit, which is now becoming a trojan horse for the later introduction of some sweeping legislation that will leave people more vulnerable to exploitation on H&S, Environmental, and Employment issues. Some of his crew are chuckling at the thought of what they refer to as finishing what Margaret Thatcher started.

:tiphat:

Richard

rt21

• Slimmers group
« Reply #17 on: 06 Oct, 2019, 12:24:33 pm »
At least one of BoJo's constituents has seen through him and summed up the man nicely

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/boris-johnson-woman-filthy-piece-toerag-sky-news-sophy-ridge-a9144711.html

:tiphat:

Richard

Marcus

« Reply #18 on: 17 Oct, 2019, 10:27:43 am »
The DUPs , motto "no surrender" may be changed to "billions not millions please" squeezing Boris after they declined to support him yesterday.Maybe Boris and the DUP are forging a cunning plan to force the EU to agree....ermmm.  Theresa May
 struck a £1 billion confidence-and-supply agreement with the DUP in 2017 after she lost her majority in the Commons following a snap general election. Interesting times ahead.

I do agree that a large majority are fed up with Brexit, but the remainers appear to be the majority in recent polls I am afraid to say. I agree that anyone that voted to leave wants the deal done, but Anthony Wells, who works for YouGov, said the polls since mid-2017 has put Remainers ahead. Knowing what was concealed at the start that it will cost the UK nealry 40 billion to leave, to name just a few, the younger generation are of course worried about their future. Moving forward.

Those wise enough to back the Irish Banks in the stock market will see that "on the rumour" shares rose by over 20 p.c. in less than a month, heading to just under 30 p.c. in two months. Anyone travelling back to the UK or Ireland to see family and friends or just on a vacation should use the forum to get the best exchange deals. I last met a lovely chap who was going to the UK and I had just got back, so we exchanged our currency over a cool beer. Or use Revolut who have been around for over four years and give excellent rates. Easy to set up an account. High street banks are lagging behind now.

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #19 on: 17 Oct, 2019, 03:17:49 pm »
I got 1.16 Euros to the pound today on my pension.
Watching BBC News now it strikes me everyone is talking as if is a done deal.  Surely they are being a trifle premature.

Marcus

« Reply #20 on: 17 Oct, 2019, 06:33:01 pm »
You did well to get 1.16 Frankie. Boris has to hope it is a super Saturday with the DUP, ERG, former Tories and anti-Corbyn MPs backing the deal. If he pulls this off after all his ranting, rudeness (the odd humbug) he will be a little ray of sunshine.

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #21 on: 17 Oct, 2019, 07:13:41 pm »
It is sounding as if the DUP are still going to turn it down.... Saturday it will be sabres drawn in Parliament.  Listening to what is proposed for UK fishing industry does not bode well!

Judi_bk

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: 19 Oct, 2019, 06:30:25 pm »
After all that has happened today a reminder of my scruffy old Ikea doormat

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #23 on: 20 Oct, 2019, 09:43:30 am »
I don't think there has ever been a Prime Minister who has lost every one of his proposals.  How can he stay in place?  Listening to the proceedings in Parliament I did think this one might slip through, so was a bit surprised when once more, it went the way of his other.
I understand it was something like a 500 page document they were voting on.  Considering it was only brought from Brussels only a day and a bit before, there would have been very few who could have read it from cover to cover.
Unbelievable times for us all...

Judi_bk

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: 20 Oct, 2019, 01:56:50 pm »
Many have said they goted against because they had not had time to read and understand it

Drax

« Reply #25 on: 20 Oct, 2019, 04:50:43 pm »
Nobody understood the problem : two religious parties stopping lorries crossing a border in case an agreement went wrong  :rolleyes:

jimmymac

« Reply #26 on: 21 Oct, 2019, 01:30:35 pm »
The problem is unless you have lived in N.Ireland it is very hard to understand how much these things mean to some people, even then the only ones who truly understand are the Irish themselves. So to have Westminster politicians making decisions for them is a recipe to upset one side or the other. The amazing thing to me is how well the Good Friday Agreement has worked and anything that violate's that would mean a return to all the problems they experienced in the bad old days..

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #27 on: 21 Oct, 2019, 01:39:43 pm »
jimmymac, that truly does not bear thinking about. 
I can remember being told not to speak when we picked up a taxi in the city centre (Taxis used to collect a full load before setting off and drop people off at different spots). I certainly could not talk as we shopped, or if I did, I had to whisper.  There were places you could not go, depending if you were Catholic or Protestant.  I can recollect breaking down in a part of town which we should not have been in late at night, taking a shortcut and my then brother-in-law being very uncomfortable as he changed a tyre. 
To go back to that point would be a travesty.

jimmymac

« Reply #28 on: 21 Oct, 2019, 05:52:16 pm »
Truly would be frankie and anyone with sense would realise it. Unfortunately we have a PM who for whatever reason just doesn't seem to grasp or care how fragile peace is in N.Ireland so could be worrying times ahead. To the DUP the being equal part of the Union is the reason for their existence, so they will resist anything that sets them apart from it. Rightly or wrongly that's the truth! 

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #29 on: 22 Oct, 2019, 09:38:43 am »
Scary times ahead.... :huh: