Author Topic: Go Bonnie  (Read 6268 times)

Doreen

Go Bonnie
« on: 05 Oct, 2019, 04:06:29 pm »

AnnieM

Re: Go Bonnie
« Reply #1 on: 05 Oct, 2019, 05:05:42 pm »
Yes, I loved that! 👏👏

Raymondo

« Reply #2 on: 05 Oct, 2019, 05:16:23 pm »
Good on you Bonnie,.  Love the quote.   " Dont mess with the Irish "
Pay attention the know  all  brexit no deal brigade .
The world is appalled at what you are doing.
Doesent bode well for the promised trade deal with the US which Bonnie says is Irish at heart.
Time now for my Tulip Glass of Tinto Verano.
Going all posh not like some.  👏😹

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #3 on: 06 Oct, 2019, 09:29:16 am »
I believe that a lot of American Irish have a somewhat rosy tint about what life is really like there.  Yes, they have the massive parades collect many, many dollars to send back to the 'Old Country' (at one time propping up the Catholic community).  They may put green dye in the river but that is an illusion of reality in the North.  To be Irish American bears no relationship to indigenous Irish.
 :headshake: :headshake: 

Raymondo

« Reply #4 on: 06 Oct, 2019, 10:43:27 am »
The North is now like paradise compared to what it was before the Good Friday Agreement which the UK signed up to and Boris now wants to renege on  and destroy. Beautiful part of Ireland.
Frankie ,take a trip along the wild Atlantic way from Cork up to Donegal and across to Antrim and its easy to see why the Americans have a rose coloured view of Ireland. They come in their millions and return time and again.
They ask for directions and the people might invite you in for refreshment even today. Visit Connemara and Clifden and you will want to return.
We must be doing something right.
Boris just needs to ignore the bigoted DUP 12 and have a border down the Irish sea and everyone including Parliment  and the vast majority in NI  will be happy.
Then let the DUP  and their constituents get off their asses and work for a living  for a change , get the assembly back up and running and stop depending on a 12 billion sterling gift each year from the UK taxpayer so they can build more bonfires and march up and down with big drums and silly orange hats. etc.
Now thats my sermon for the day thats in it. After church a nice  Tinto Verano and some Paella.

Doreen

« Reply #5 on: 06 Oct, 2019, 11:12:21 am »
I agree Frankie, the average American citizen doesnt know the reality or complexity of Ireland, on saying that a lot of British people I have met are clueless also.

The point , I think, Bonnie was making was that the island of Ireland is very important to the politicians in America.

Trump won't last forever and neither will any cosy deals made with the UK could possibly vanish.

Since I wrote this out I have spoken to my friend in Donegal. She took her grandson to Derry yesterday, 10 miles from our village. On her way back there were armed PSNI officers in Northern Ireland and approx 20 yards further on armed Gardai in Southern Ireland. Both stopping traffic. She said it was the saddest thing she had seen in a long time.

rt21

• Slimmers group
« Reply #6 on: 06 Oct, 2019, 12:01:17 pm »
I have said for some time that the UK will have great difficulty getting The House of Representatives to approve a UK trade deal that is not in the interests of Ireland.

BoJo has clearly aligned himself and the conservative party to the American republican party and this will not be forgotten by the democratic party if their nominee replaces Trump. The democratic party will view BoJo and his party as "not one of us"

It might be an interesting time for the UK if the conservative party manages to pee off the 3 major trading blocks of America, E.U. and China.

:tiphat:

Richard

Drax

« Reply #7 on: 06 Oct, 2019, 01:17:48 pm »
Summerising then..
The North is now like paradise .. Visit Connemara and Clifden and you will want to return.
The Americans... they come in their millions and return time and again.
We must be doing something right.
So do you live there or maybe just a Arboleas forum tourist rep for the area?
 :rolleyes:
enjoy your drinks and paella :yawn:

Doreen

« Reply #8 on: 06 Oct, 2019, 01:22:51 pm »
Must admit Raymondo I'm very proud of my county too. As my dear departed Mammy used to say, it would be a fantastic place if we had a roof over it 😂.

Marcus

« Reply #9 on: 06 Oct, 2019, 02:07:21 pm »
His first was a miracle, the second may take an Act of God to get re-elected. However, he could be impeached, convicted and then re-elected. Three Presidents have faced formal impeachment enquiries and not one of them was convicted by the Senate. However, t looks odds on he will be impeached and maybe a conviction by the Senate. He dares the political system to stop him by publicly calling on China to help dig up dirt on Biden’s son. Unreal.

Yes, Trump talking to the Ukraine, Boris talking to Hungary, storms ahead for both. I loved this peace in the Guardian about Trump.

He’s been acting like the spoiled child who gets caught with his hand in the proverbial cookie jar – denying his hand was there, blaming the person who caught him, blaming the cookie jar, blaming the cookie, throwing a tantrum, daring his parents to do anything about it.

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #10 on: 06 Oct, 2019, 02:14:14 pm »
I couldn't agree more re the North being a beautiful place.  I have spent quite a lot of time there, originally visiting Dundrum which is where my Ex was born (centre of the Universe he says), the Mourne Mountains, Giant's Causeway etc. an later on in connection with work mostly during the Troubles.  I would hate to see the Peace Agreement fall apart due to Brexit and a hard border...

Raymondo

« Reply #11 on: 06 Oct, 2019, 04:09:39 pm »
Just to see if this post sticks ,

Raymondo

« Reply #12 on: 06 Oct, 2019, 04:39:22 pm »
All of my posts that have been commented on have been deleted.
They were not offensive .
Who runs the forum.
« Last Edit: 06 Oct, 2019, 04:58:26 pm by Raymondo »