Author Topic: Flu jab?  (Read 5139 times)

frankie

• Slimmers group
Flu jab?
« on: 10 Oct, 2019, 02:01:22 pm »
I have been to the farmacia twice so far but they tell me they have not had their allocation yet this year.  Has anyone had theirs yet this year?
I always get mine at chemist because if I get an appointment at the Urgencia I find at least a dozen people queuing before me...

Clare Shirley

• Administrator
Re: Flu jab?
« Reply #1 on: 10 Oct, 2019, 02:14:28 pm »
at the end the doctor said to my friend when I was translating for her

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #2 on: 10 Oct, 2019, 02:46:18 pm »
Was that the end of October Clare?  You don't say....

cagzok

« Reply #3 on: 10 Oct, 2019, 02:46:39 pm »
I've decided not to have one this year as I've had flu for four years on the trot.  :huh:

FOGGY

« Reply #4 on: 10 Oct, 2019, 05:23:34 pm »
I’m not 100% sure but the production of the jab was delayed for all Europe for tech reasons, 16 million just for the UK, so 27 others countries that’s a lot of jabs. Personally I won’t get asked or bother as they take a guess at what strain it will be and hope they get it right, therefore you could get any strain with or without the jab. If you’ve had it 3 or 4 times through your life you could be semi immune or just get it milder. Hello

Clare Shirley

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: 10 Oct, 2019, 05:25:02 pm »
yes at the end of the month

jimmymac

« Reply #6 on: 11 Oct, 2019, 05:56:54 pm »
Can only remember getting it a couple of times in my life so don't usually bother with flu jabs. Probably get the Flu now after saying that.
Though the o/h keeps accusing me of getting manflu, does that count? :grin:

cagzok

« Reply #7 on: 11 Oct, 2019, 05:58:06 pm »
Im inclined to agree with you Foggy,there are so many strains of Flu that its all a bit hit and miss. I know these last four years havent worked for me.....in fact last April when I had it,followed by ear and chest infections I thought I'd had my lot. Im  dreading this winter!

Bea

• Slimmers group
« Reply #8 on: 14 Oct, 2019, 12:38:50 pm »
Arboleas surgery is starting their flu vacinations Oct 28th

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #9 on: 14 Oct, 2019, 02:11:03 pm »
Thanks Clare and Bea!
2 years ago I had a very bad case of flu.  Thankfully, as I'd had my flu jab it only lasted three days.  If I had not had it, I suspect I would have been a lot worse for a lot longer.  It may not prevent me getting it but it should be a lot shorter.  I had real flu, not a heavy cold, 30 years ago.  I could not get out of bed for around 5 days, could not stand and felt extremely ill.  If you've had flu, you will know it, it's nothing like a bad cold.....

cagzok

« Reply #10 on: 15 Oct, 2019, 07:11:01 pm »
I agree Frankie,it makes you feel so ill,nothing like a cold. I ended up in A+E last April with it,and Id had the injection. The trouble is,its worse if youre getting on a bit!

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #11 on: 15 Oct, 2019, 08:04:09 pm »
It is, which is why I am determined to have it done each year!  The very first time I had the injection I reacted to it and my arm became a bit puffy.  Since then I've not had any problem with it.  Maybe it was down to whatever strain it was for...