Author Topic: Aerobics  (Read 5065 times)

rt21

• Slimmers group
Aerobics
« on: 16 Oct, 2019, 02:57:50 pm »
Well this week has been the turning point for me as I have now almost recovered from my groin strain.

However, I am well aware that all the inactivity of the last 4 months has resulted in a bigger waistline and a significant decline in my fitness. Cant even see my toes when I look down there!

Not to be deterred I started a new fitness regime this morning and boy am I struggling. I switched on the TV and found an aerobics class for the over 50s on You Tube. So with curtains closed and my wife out shopping I took to the living room floor and attempted to keep pace with the ladies on the screen. However, 7 minutes into the 23 minute workout and I was struggling for breath. (It doesn't help just getting over a bad cold) and had to retire gracefully from the activities

They say that there is no gain without pain so I shall have another go tomorrow to see whether I can outperform today's efforts, which surely cannot be too difficult to do.

Maybe when I get on the scales on Thursday morning I will be able to report some good news to my friends in the Slimmer Chat Room.

:tiphat:

Richard

frankie

• Slimmers group
Re: Aerobics
« Reply #1 on: 16 Oct, 2019, 03:15:01 pm »
Don't feel bad about it, Richard, you are not alone.  Due to a bad fall resulting in a broken bone in my neck among other injuries, I was unable to do much at all and especially not my usual Yoga, for 6 months.  I am now trying to get back to where I was but it is incredibly hard and now not helped by having a cataract op. 
You have to be focussed and determined - I am...

Trev

« Reply #2 on: 16 Oct, 2019, 04:03:09 pm »
You should be praising yourself, it's 7 minutes and 23 seconds of  positive exercise. :thumbsup:

Regular exercise is the key, regardless of how small, it's making that lifestyle change,so it becomes part of your daily routine.

I have lost a total of 38 kg's over 2 and half years, and have just started  Muay Thai classes, to be honest at 59 I'm unlikely to be getting into a ring with anyone but it's never too late to start.

nanaspain

« Reply #3 on: 16 Oct, 2019, 05:26:40 pm »
I am a stranger to the gym - and to exercise given half a chance - but I can recommend the WiiFit game, with the step board, if you can access one.  This does at least make the exercise fun, and you can challenge yourself, and other named players, to improve your score.  Plus, you can do it with a big mug of tea/coffee or something better on the side and stop for a breather whenever you want.   :thumbsup:

Wolfie

« Reply #4 on: 16 Oct, 2019, 06:08:09 pm »
Damn it, I forgot to go to the gym again - that's 7 years in a row!   :whistle:

Drax

« Reply #5 on: 16 Oct, 2019, 06:15:32 pm »
Those Wii programs are very good, take it one step at a time and everything in moderation etc... what I'm trying to say, is take your time, don't get a heart attack in the first week over doing it, build up a few minutes extra every day - as Trev also advised  :thumbsup:

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #6 on: 17 Oct, 2019, 03:11:16 pm »
Nice one Wolfie!  :cheesy: