Author Topic: Rugby World Cup  (Read 24553 times)

jimmymac

Re: Rugby World Cup
« Reply #30 on: 20 Oct, 2019, 04:43:30 pm »
Looking forward next week to the semi-finals, think England v New Zealand could be a classic, I am supporting England but feel N.Z. are the better team overall. As for Wales v South Africa, don't know could be the one who plays best on the day. What do I know about rugby anyway? :blank:

Drax

« Reply #31 on: 20 Oct, 2019, 05:08:46 pm »
What do I know about rugby anyway?
I know what you are saying, it's a strange sort of game and not from my part of the world, BUT compared to the pushing and getting stuck in rugby; the game of football (soccer) looks pretty tame when someone rolls over crying as soon as his hair is out of place  :whistle:

I'm enjoying watching.... roll on next weekend  :thumbsup:

Marcus

« Reply #32 on: 26 Oct, 2019, 11:21:39 am »
Great game going on between England v New Zealand. England just had a second try disallowed at 10-0 up. First try was obstructin, but the panel are straching their heads as Jamie George even told the referee his hands did not leave the ball. Cannot go against the TMO though ! Will it inspire England even more or give N.Zealand a lift ? 13-0 now to England. 

Drax

« Reply #33 on: 26 Oct, 2019, 12:02:30 pm »
Mag  :lips-sealed: nificent !!!!

jimmymac

« Reply #34 on: 26 Oct, 2019, 06:09:07 pm »
Well done England, watched the match this morning and they fully deserved their victory. Now we are waiting to see if Wales can join them  in the final.  :grin:

Marcus

« Reply #35 on: 27 Oct, 2019, 10:08:15 am »
Come on Wales. I am sure they will not give S.Africa a sixteen point half time lead, probably prefer to give them a sixteen pint start ! Wales are gram slam champions and indeed have have the heavier pack and have beaten S.Africa on the last four occasions. Meeting England in the final will hopefully be the incentive to ensure they go through ? S.Africa have scored 11 more tries, 55 more points and conceded less points than than Wales on their way to this match, so bang in form. Hopefully a classic. Enjoy.

jimmymac

« Reply #36 on: 27 Oct, 2019, 11:42:17 am »
Watching the match, very  close survival of the fittest.

Marcus

« Reply #37 on: 27 Oct, 2019, 12:46:06 pm »
Fine margins Jimmy. George North was a big loss going off with an injury early in the game. However, the S.African defence was mighty and "powerful". French referee was excellent. Too much kicking for me, but the game locked at 16 all until the final winning penalty made for a tense finish. Congratulations to S.Africa and credit to Wales, nearly over the finish line if the dropped goal had gone over.

Looking forward to next week.

Drax

« Reply #38 on: 01 Nov, 2019, 07:24:27 pm »
I really enjoyed the game today and the Welsh did good but before the game I didn't ever think they were any match for the All Blacks. The outcome was as I expected but they played well and did their best I suppose.

Bring on the bokkas tomorrow 10am here on ITV - put the England flag up early if you have a flagpole  :cool:

Lmj19

« Reply #39 on: 02 Nov, 2019, 12:13:47 pm »
Ah well, England were back to their old style of play. Springboks much better on the day.

Marcus

« Reply #40 on: 04 Nov, 2019, 10:41:59 am »
Well done S.Africa. Far too strong in the scrum where Dan Cole was given a big ask to play nearly the entire match.Penalties conceded from the scrum just gave S.Africa the points they deserved from a powerful display. England stayed in the game at 18-12 until the Springboks delivered the style of rugby they were accused of not possessing.

jimmymac

« Reply #41 on: 04 Nov, 2019, 05:48:41 pm »
Not much to say really, only that England were beaten by the better team on the day. Congrats South Africa, unlucky England, only 4 year wait to try again! :cry:

Marcus

« Reply #42 on: 05 Nov, 2019, 07:28:32 pm »
South Africa try: Was there a forward pass before Makazole Mapimpi scored against England?
Winger scored crucial try in Rugby World Cup final but England fans were very upset with referee Jerome Garces and his officiating team.....all too late now and we cant, sorry canĀ“t blame the referee. Just move on and get over it !

Still finished a proud second in the competition.