Author Topic: Techies help  (Read 5454 times)

Roscoe

• Administrator
Techies help
« on: 25 Nov, 2019, 03:43:20 pm »
I have an app which has decided to freeze, loads like a snail.  It is on main device, had on SD card and did the same  It used to run ok.  I have 3g space what can I do to make it behave?

BRIMAR

Re: Techies help
« Reply #1 on: 25 Nov, 2019, 04:37:45 pm »
I had a similar problem and was given the following information :

Try to update the app as this may be causing the issue.
Once the app is updated the next step is to clear out the cache.

If the above doesn't solve the problem then you maybe need to look at what Background Processes you have running.
If you've installed a lot of apps that run in the background these may slow down your device.
If you don't use an app that's running in the background, uninstall it. If you can't uninstall it because it came with your device, disable it.

Hope this may help and you get your problem sorted very soon.

Roscoe

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: 25 Nov, 2019, 07:21:57 pm »
I have tried but to no avail.  It also keeps saying, no internet, but I have fibre optic which is very strong.  Stripped everything out, disabled and uninstalled everything I can.  :angry:

Roscoe

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: 25 Nov, 2019, 07:23:22 pm »
I also run this app on 2 other devices with similar storage and have no problems. :cry:

BRIMAR

« Reply #4 on: 26 Nov, 2019, 10:24:13 am »
Then it must be a problem with the device, not the app. Maybe a virus?

Clare Shirley

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: 26 Nov, 2019, 11:08:43 am »
it may be that its not compatible with your newer device some apps arent ready for newer operating systems which can cause the freezing but your other devices are older therefore it runs ok.

Roscoe

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: 26 Nov, 2019, 03:29:05 pm »
It is on my old Samsung tablet which is having the problem, others are ok.

Clare Shirley

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: 26 Nov, 2019, 05:09:00 pm »
then it could be the opposite app doesnt work well with the old operating system

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #8 on: 27 Nov, 2019, 05:44:35 pm »
I read these sort of postings in amazement.  They make even less sense to me than Old Angel up in the village and even his family do not understand him...

jimmymac

« Reply #9 on: 28 Nov, 2019, 05:36:50 pm »
Stick to the Angel frankie, probably will make more sense in the end. Nowadays with all these devices and apps readily available everyone can be considered a Techie and a lot of people are. Unfortunately my time as a Techie ended when I retired from work so now have to rely on a younger generation for assistance. Think I'll have a chat with the Angel myself, could be interesting!!! :grin:

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #10 on: 28 Nov, 2019, 06:00:45 pm »
The only good thing is he repeats everything about 3 times so I can generally get th gist of what he is saying.

Judi_bk

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: 28 Nov, 2019, 06:53:25 pm »
I was once sat in bar La Cinta listening to 3 old boys talking about the olive harvest.  I said to imindoors that I was only getting afew words.  He said have you heard the word they use most "que?", they don't understand half of it either 

On a recent pensioers day trip to a spa  I told one of the ladies that it was sometimes hard to understand as they don't finish their words . She said the other villages say the women in Arboleas eat their words which is why they have big bums

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #12 on: 28 Nov, 2019, 07:30:34 pm »
 :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy: