Author Topic: Brian Adams in Spain or Madonna in Lisbon?  (Read 4267 times)

Marcus

Brian Adams in Spain or Madonna in Lisbon?
« on: 31 Dec, 2019, 01:02:20 pm »
If you are a fan then his tour is a must watch. We saw Danny Daniels at the concert and a few other people from Arboleas and Zurgena made the trip. He was outstanding engaging with the crowd at every oportunity. Tickets were reasonably priced, and for every ticket sold he would plant a new tree. Full on with no breaks for two hours-outstanding gig.

Just read "Madge" Madonna is in Lisbon at only 368 euros a ticket or you can see her at only 1118 a ticket at the Palladium in London. Madonna who lives in Lisbon said  “ I know I just don’t sing and dance, I’m also a political activist” !

That is what I love about music the contrast in style and value for money.

Have a great new year´s eve everyone and a healthy and prosperous 2020.

Clare Shirley

• Administrator
Re: Brian Adams in Spain or Madonna in Lisbon?
« Reply #1 on: 31 Dec, 2019, 02:11:31 pm »
Next time Bryan is in Spain touring please let me know Ive always wanted to see him and Id love to have the chance I would even take the day off work

Drax

« Reply #2 on: 31 Dec, 2019, 05:00:26 pm »
Mad donna is another story... I'll try to keep it as short as possible..

2001 Earls Court, London.. tickets on sale online weeks before at 09:00 - I got two for her second day on the top row way back about 09:25 from the website.. about 80 quid each I think.

on the 09:30 news (BBC) it was reported that the first gig sold out in a matter of minutes, that the tickets were already on Ebay at offers over a thousand pounds... touts were climbing over themselves to buy more...

by 09:35 I'd cracked the URL listings and figured out the sequence of "online booking" - cracked, not hacked!! I knew the "next page number"

at 09:50 (ish) I bought two more tickets (80 quid each) on the last day in the first row from the stage, almost central.

When her indoors got home from work I mentioned it of course... so we put the front row seats on ebay (Mad donna is not my cup of tea anyway) and the tickets sold for over 700 pounds.

We had a train trip from Lancashire, we had 3 nights B& B hotel outside of Euston station 3* or maybe better (I forget), three days tube ticket, a couple of nights meals (Aberdeen Angus steak, a lovely Italian place, come to mind) AND third row from the front at CATS... we also went round the London Eye, Tower of London and whatever else we did I forget - but a wonderful few days courtesy of Mad donna.

So we turn up at the Earls Court Venue in plenty of time... 8pm start - no support act - and at 8:45 we are still waiting for her to take the stage...

and the "good news" = she sang the same songs to us at the back in the cheap seats as she did to those at the front. Mad donna - I wouldn't go see her if she was singing in the garden next door for free... but she DID give us a great visit to London  :thumbsup:

Sorry it wasn't a short reply :(

Drax

« Reply #3 on: 31 Dec, 2019, 05:05:47 pm »
Secondary to that was that on the train back some silly fool (suicidal) threw himself off a bridge just outside Wigan in front of the train and we had a 4 hour delay getting back to Preston whilst the police did their bit and the train driver was replaced etc.... July, engine off, hot air, no windows on trains but we got through. Sorry about the trauma for the guy and the driver of course but it puts many people out who are making journeys...

An unforgettable Mad donna week  :crazy:

Lmj19

« Reply #4 on: 31 Dec, 2019, 05:35:16 pm »
Stereophonics are in Madrid and Barcelona the end of January.  :grin:

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #5 on: 01 Jan, 2020, 11:48:00 am »
Just heard that anyone going to see her at the Paladium this year is in for a long wait - she will not be performing on stage until after 11pm which probably means paying for a hotel for that night as almost all transport will have stopped running by the time she finishes her set.

beccimojon

« Reply #6 on: 01 Jan, 2020, 08:42:29 pm »
I have Stereophonics tickets for Manchester Lmj19 ...Kelly also played Llandudno on his own recently..love him  :cool: