Author Topic: Climate change  (Read 3858 times)

Judi_bk

• Administrator
Climate change
« on: 16 Jan, 2020, 07:58:44 am »

FOGGY

Re: Climate change
« Reply #1 on: 16 Jan, 2020, 02:59:17 pm »
I like it, the globe thingy. I was in England last summer, the weather was normal for me, no different than 40 years ago but hysteria was that “OMG it’s so hot” well it wasn’t, just the odd day as usual. On the other hand, out here my neighbors said it was the hottest year of all for them, 20 in total. So looking at that globe there’s a dark red patch in North Africa not far of Almería.
My opinion, the carbon we pump out now is manageable, it’s what was pumped out from the beginning  and during the coal fuelled era of the industrial revolution and various other factors like, the Second World War, golf war, the golf war in particular, scientists said at the end of it while a thousand oil wells were on fire belching black smoke that it will affect the climate in years to come.

frankie

• Slimmers group
Re: Climate change
« Reply #2 on: 17 Jan, 2020, 09:45:23 am »
Apparently these climate hikes and declines are cyclical and occur world wide every 172 years or so.  I have a chart which shows it (sadly I cannot upload it on here!).  So, we could be due for another cold spell shortly...