Author Topic: Repsol aka Rip-off Spain  (Read 4584 times)

Drax

Repsol aka Rip-off Spain
« on: 31 Jan, 2020, 02:23:33 pm »
Watch out for the Repsol delivery guy, I know there are a few but ours just visited the village...

We changed 3 bottles the old orange heavy ones.. and he dragged 3 new blue tops off his vehicle - I gave him 50 euros and received .80 cents change - a brief discussion about the price followed and he swopped the blue tops for the same as we had returned.

I gave him the 0.80 centimos back and received 6 euro 50c in return.

The blue tops are 16.40 and the full orange are 14.50 - excuse is that they are aluminium therefore dearer because lighter - ok I have a muscle or two but for now I'll enjoy the price of a pint difference.

Don't be fooled into upgrading your bottles.

Cheers !!

Roscoe

• Administrator
Re: Repsol aka Rip-off Spain
« Reply #1 on: 31 Jan, 2020, 04:05:47 pm »
My butane man changed 2 of mine to blue tops for the normal price just before Christmas and the same again in the new year for my other 2, again normal price.  I thought at the time it was my Christmas present or feeling sorry for the pensioners.  He has not done the same for the other pensioners in our village.

BRIMAR

« Reply #2 on: 31 Jan, 2020, 04:31:31 pm »
You can be charged more for the lighter gas bottles, offered by both Repsol and Cepsa (Blue & Red Tops) as these gas bottles are not governed by state bulletin. Only the heavy orange Repsol or light yellow Galp butano gas bottles are.

We've always been charged extra when we've exchanged blue top bottles.

You can check if you are being charged the current butano price by visiting the following website :

https://www.repsol.es/es/productos-y-servicios/gas-butano-propano/productos/precios/index.cshtml
« Last Edit: 31 Jan, 2020, 04:36:51 pm by BRIMAR »

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #3 on: 01 Feb, 2020, 01:09:01 pm »
Does anyone know if the delivery drivers are employed by Repsol or are they self employed?
I always tip mine at xmas, so maybe that would make a difference as I am frequently not at home when he calls yet he still swaps my empties for full ones and no mention of a price increase.  He even brings them inside for me...