Author Topic: Albox Fiesta  (Read 5459 times)

Judi_bk

• Administrator
Albox Fiesta
« on: 03 Feb, 2020, 03:54:48 pm »
I see on Facebook that the Mayor is changing the date of the Fiesta to September.  Not everyone is happy

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1587587311494608/?fref=nf

Drax

Re: Albox Fiesta
« Reply #1 on: 03 Feb, 2020, 05:19:16 pm »
That Facebook group is a private one
Private
Only members can see who's in the group and what they post

and looking at the Mayors open page : https://www.facebook.com/francisco.torrecillassanchez
I see no news of the fiesta  :sad:

Could you please clarify / repost the item you refer to?

Cheers  :thumbsup:

Judi_bk

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: 03 Feb, 2020, 05:27:42 pm »
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1587587311494608/?fref=nf

The page is LO QUE PASA EN ALBOX,SE QUEDA EN ALBOX

Judi_bk

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: 03 Feb, 2020, 05:53:27 pm »
La Comarca Noticias
28 mins ·
#Torrecillas #cambia la #FeriadeAlbox al mes de #septiembre de manera unilateral.
El alcalde de Albox, Francisco Torrecillas, ha aprobado en el Pleno de esta mañana, con el voto en contra de PP y PSOE, cambiar la Feria de Albox de todos los Santos al mes de septiembre, del 4 al 8 de septiembre.
En el pleno de hoy también se ha aprobado una nueva asesora para el equipo de gobierno. Habrá ampliación

Clare Shirley

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: 03 Feb, 2020, 06:00:45 pm »
Jesus what a dictator

He can do what he wants when he wants

I do hope all the court cases come about and he loses office

Drax

« Reply #5 on: 04 Feb, 2020, 08:10:17 am »
Thanks Judi,

I just read La Comarca.
Looks like he might have a struggle getting people to change their calendars to suit his silly games.  :crazy:

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #6 on: 04 Feb, 2020, 09:11:52 am »
What date has he changed it from?  I thought it was already in September as I usually think it is the last one in the villages in the Almanzora valley....

Clare Shirley

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: 04 Feb, 2020, 09:48:44 am »
its always in November hence the name feria de todos los santos

Judi_bk

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: 04 Feb, 2020, 03:59:43 pm »
I would think the fairground rides, stalls, groups, etc will already be booked

Drax

« Reply #9 on: 05 Feb, 2020, 05:21:36 am »
Latest news is that the All Saints Fair in November will remain as more of a Cattle and Livestock Fair, the theme for which it was originally conceived many years ago.

Albox Council intends to give it the importance it had in the past, saying it was the most important livestock fair in the entire Iberian Peninsula Iberian that, with the passage of time and the transformation of rural areas was losing its interest in favour of the festival as it has become.

Therefore an extra fiesta is scheduled. The festivities planned for 2020 will begin on Friday, September 4, Saturday 5, Sunday 6 and ends on Monday 7 at midnight with the traditional fireworks and then the night pilgrimage will begin, walking the 20 kilometers to the Santuario del Saliente, with the Patron's big day on Tuesday, September 8.

The duration of the November fair is still to be determined.

Clare Shirley

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: 05 Feb, 2020, 08:13:45 am »
Lots of very unhappy people. because the Romeria in September is a sacred thing to many people who love their traditions, they walk up the night before and usually have the next day off which didnt happen last year

Also the Albox fair has always ended on a Tuesday which is very important last day for some people. I do think this is going to be one of his worst choices. The Fair generally has uses the following monday as a local fiesta which isn't happening and its usually longer, and lets not forget his bull fight

The livestock market is not going to get any more important because there isn't a need for livestock as much as there used to be with machinery and a lot less people in the farming industry