Author Topic: A bit of warm sunshine  (Read 4367 times)

rt21

• Slimmers group
A bit of warm sunshine
« on: 24 Feb, 2020, 08:15:14 am »
After suffering days and days of cold, rainy, windy weather in the UK, it's so nice to get up in a morning and enjoy a bit of warm sunshine. It certainly lifts the spirits.

We went walking through the campo near Oria yesterday with the hash group and it just felt like a nice summers day in the UK. What a contrast to what we left behind on Friday!

:tiphat:

Richard

Judi_bk

• Administrator
Re: A bit of warm sunshine
« Reply #1 on: 24 Feb, 2020, 08:42:01 am »
Don't be fooled.  These photos were taken on the last day of February 2005, at Baranco del Quiles in the hills above Oria. It was a lovely day and I went out to photograph the almond blossom against the blue sky. That night was like a scene from The Shining

FOGGY

« Reply #2 on: 24 Feb, 2020, 08:46:51 am »
I’ll be there next week hallelujah, I’ve been in the U.K. for 3 months and it feels like 3 years. I haven’t even seen the sun, maybe twice so bloody miserable, rain everyday nothing but doomsday on tele  :grin:

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #3 on: 24 Feb, 2020, 10:10:59 am »
O.M.G Judi, I remember that snow.  I was rescued after 5 days without electric or water as it is pumped up from a reservoir under the village.  On day 5 the Guardia discovered I was unable to get out (by shouting "Frankeee, Frankeee" from the centre of the road) and arranged for a digger to come and remove the great pile of snow which had been dumped in front of my car by a previous digger clearing a road up to the village. Minus 10C.  Who needs winter fuel allowance in sunny Spain.

Foggy, I feel so sorry for people who cannot get out to somewhere hot.  I would be in a dreadful state as I suffer from SAD.