Author Topic: A sign of the times  (Read 6544 times)

Roscoe

• Administrator
A sign of the times
« on: 27 Feb, 2020, 09:40:49 pm »
A doctor at albox medical  centre in albox was wearing a mask when  seeing  patients today!  According to Olive Press masks are running out.  I have heard today that a resident of arboleas has self quarantined herself  after  returning from Italy.  Worrying.

frankie

• Slimmers group
Re: A sign of the times
« Reply #1 on: 28 Feb, 2020, 07:03:49 pm »
Considering the caronavirus is supposed to be no worse than a bad attack of flu for most people, then it seems a wee bit OTT to me...  NHS UK has said more will be killed by flu than coronovirus this year.
I've heard people say they will not go to Chinese restaurants because of it....   Providing we all wash our hands frequently and use common sense behaviour and not cough or sneeze in someones face (Hopefully no one would do that at any time). 
Maybe I am wrong but that is my slant on it all....
Oh, and NHS is also saying that face masks are not all that use anyway....

Wolfie

« Reply #2 on: 29 Feb, 2020, 08:28:50 am »
I know quite a few people who feel the same as you.  We tend to turn a blind eye when people die of flu each year because that's what's expected, but this outbreak and ultimate pandemonium that's happening just seems a tad over the top when the numbers dying are so much smaller than annual flu deaths.
 :undecided:

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #3 on: 29 Feb, 2020, 11:59:58 am »
I anticipated a tirade at my last post.  Maybe I'm not alone in my beliefs....

Judi_bk

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: 29 Feb, 2020, 12:50:59 pm »
I do agree.  I also wonder if it is an intended diversion.  China was hitting an economic slow down and had problems with Hong Kong, EU and UK have Brexit and floods, Spain and France have huge demonstrations, Australia has fire and floods, US has Trump, Canada has economic and political problems, there is Global warming and a climate catastrophe that is probably past tipping point.....lets all talk about a nasty virus from the East

Drax

« Reply #5 on: 29 Feb, 2020, 01:42:14 pm »
Canada has economic and political problems.

Lol, Canada has Harry and Megan  :whistle: :rofl: :clap:

BRIMAR

« Reply #6 on: 29 Feb, 2020, 04:47:30 pm »
After reading what the symptom's were for the Coronavirus, I, like you Frankie, couldn't understand what all the fuss was about but a doctor type has explained that the difference is they know pretty much how flu acts whereas the with the Covid-19 virus nobody is sure. 

jimmymac

« Reply #7 on: 29 Feb, 2020, 06:06:36 pm »
Agree with what most people have said on here except for when Judi was listing natural disasters and had Trump on the list, sorry Judi but Trump is not a natural disater but a self-made human peace wrecking catastrophe that is not fit to be breathing fresh air.  :tiphat:

Judi_bk

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: 29 Feb, 2020, 06:11:30 pm »
Jimmymac  :kiss:  I agree

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #9 on: 29 Feb, 2020, 06:52:07 pm »
Com'n jimmymac, don't hold back, say what you mean....   :cheesy: :cheesy:

Roscoe

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: 29 Feb, 2020, 10:04:29 pm »
He thinks  trump is the worst disaster for the western world.  Weinstein gets convicted, trump who is bad, if not worse is the president of the USA.