Author Topic: The clown is back  (Read 6203 times)

FOGGY

The clown is back
« on: 27 Apr, 2020, 10:54:27 am »
Does that idiot look out the widow and see thousands swamping B&Q and hundreds on Westminster bridge to the point of collapse(I suspect these are clappers too)then say thank you for adhering to lockdown measures. The rest of the world wear masks yet the British scientists say they do nothing, I’m sure Einstein wouldn’t agree and you don’t need to be Einstein to know that if someone sneezes in your face a mask would be 90% effective at stopping the cloud of shit coming your way.
Oh well daily rant over.
« Last Edit: 27 Apr, 2020, 11:31:51 am by FOGGY »

PAULT

Re: The clown is back
« Reply #1 on: 27 Apr, 2020, 12:22:03 pm »
The clown is very dangerous and the British public still seem to like him!
What really pisses me off is the way this lot talk to people/
"You are instructed" both the bimbo and the other immigrant Patel amongst others have used this phrase, my reaction is who are you to instruct me when it is clear you are the cause of the problem plus certain anglo saxon words.
All they need to say was we have been forced by our ineffective actions  to enact a law that  that means that you have to stay at home as much as you can.

Marcus

« Reply #2 on: 27 Apr, 2020, 12:42:54 pm »
Indeed Foggy. Here comes Bungle again ! My take is he had plenty of quality time with his sixth nipper and may like the idea of staying at home. Not tuning in to the real world he maybe planning an early exit, take the full pay and retire on full police protection, not a bad option. Boris did quote..."people will be looking now at our apparent success"  this morning.

An old boss of Boris has said we can’t predict what a Johnson government will do but his premiership will almost certainly reveal a contempt for rules, precedent, order and stability.

I am looking forward to the head to head with Starmer in the coming days. His CV is impressive, QC head of the CPS and his first session in Parliament last week will have Boris running for the freezer!

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #3 on: 29 Apr, 2020, 10:16:21 am »
I want to know exactly who are these scientists who are apparently telling UK that masks do no, or little, good in preventing th spread of Covid?  Why are the scientists in other countries not giving the same message?  I may be a bit of a cynic but I doubt the Uk scientists are being led by 'science', more likely being led by the promise of a 'gong' sometime down the line....

FOGGY

« Reply #4 on: 29 Apr, 2020, 10:30:16 am »
Common sense isn’t their best attribute as with many academics, that’s why they constantly move the goal posts.

PAULT

« Reply #5 on: 29 Apr, 2020, 11:16:55 am »
Research at my sons uni where they are developing a anti coronovirus drug and a tester which will give instant results is that the coronovirus has a half life of 16 hours.
That is very worrying when the normal half life for a virus is between 5 mins to 5 hours and that time is halved in bright sunlight.
The qualifying factor in this is that for testing purposes the amount of Coronovirus used was equivalent to somebody depositing a large blob of snot with virus on a park bench.
The problem with mask is that they become ineffective very rapidly.
Paper mask last about 5 to 10 mins before they become of limited value.
Material one can last for about 1 hour and then need to be thoroughly cleaned before being used again.
Medical mask can last for 4 hours.
But most people take them off put them in their pocket and do not realise the mask may be full of virus and touch them  rub their eyes and or use them again before cleaning them.
The real problem I have experienced is that people who wear mask in a shop for example walk around as though they are immune and come very close even talking to you and pushing past.

frankie

• Slimmers group
« Reply #6 on: 29 Apr, 2020, 11:20:29 am »
Just heard that BJ is now a Dad for the 6th (or is it 7th?) time....  Some should not be permiited to breed....

BRIMAR

« Reply #7 on: 29 Apr, 2020, 11:33:09 pm »
Research at my sons uni where they are developing a anti coronovirus drug and a tester which will give instant results is that the coronovirus has a half life of 16 hours.
That is very worrying when the normal half life for a virus is between 5 mins to 5 hours and that time is halved in bright sunlight.
The qualifying factor in this is that for testing purposes the amount of Coronovirus used was equivalent to somebody depositing a large blob of snot with virus on a park bench.
The problem with mask is that they become ineffective very rapidly.
Paper mask last about 5 to 10 mins before they become of limited value.
Material one can last for about 1 hour and then need to be thoroughly cleaned before being used again.
Medical mask can last for 4 hours.
But most people take them off put them in their pocket and do not realise the mask may be full of virus and touch them  rub their eyes and or use them again before cleaning them.
The real problem I have experienced is that people who wear mask in a shop for example walk around as though they are immune and come very close even talking to you and pushing past.

Excellent post PAULT.
The same can be said with gloves. People wear them as if doing so is going to be the miracle that saves them!

This week I have seen one person who was wearing gloves pull them off and hold them in their mouth before depositing them in their pocket, no doubt to use again on their next trip to the shops.

I have seen a number of people touching and prodding foods items in the supermarket and when I once broached this with a lady one day, got told it was OK because she had gloves on! 

FOGGY

« Reply #8 on: 30 Apr, 2020, 09:35:00 am »
You can’t educate pork

PAULT

« Reply #9 on: 30 Apr, 2020, 11:47:36 am »
Sorry posted this under the wrong topic but still relevant.